PDA

View Full Version : *Insert Generic Newbie Text Here*

Dex
28-04-10, 04:19 PM
Hi folks!

Some of you will already know me, others will have just gaped in amazement at my awesomeness as I pass.*

(*may only be half true)

I'm Dex, work at Brize Norton but often stay in Swindon. I ride a 2002 Triumph Speed Triple, which looks a lot like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/dexteruk/Bike/DSC_0202.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/dexteruk/Bike/DSC_0216.jpg

and when I had my old bike, I'd often look a lot like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/dexteruk/Hosting/DexonBike-1.jpg

I've been riding 15 years (first bike was on the road on my 17th Birthday!) I fell in love with the Hinckley Triumphs 15 years ago when I was doing my license, finally treated myself last June and loving it!

I was linked to WR from an IAM group website, and the holding page for WR linked me to here, so here I am!

Roll_on
28-04-10, 04:40 PM
Hi and welcome to Wiltshire Bikers. You will find a few Triumph riders here including me some of the time.

Bonnielass
28-04-10, 04:51 PM
Hello and welcome, I love the Triumphs, that is a particularly nice one. I ride a Bonny! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dex
28-04-10, 05:41 PM
You're only a Triumph rider some of the time? Because you have too many bikes to choose from, or because you keep breaking it? :D

BL - One of the new Bonnies? I have to admit I have a soft spot for the Thruxton, I have to look away when I'm in the dealer to stop myself from getting snared by a salesman!

Beamer
28-04-10, 05:56 PM
Hiya and welcome

;D

Bonnielass
28-04-10, 07:38 PM
It's one of the new Bonnie's, I tried a friends older Bonnie but it was too high and heavy but they've lowered the new one and its just fab!

igbell
28-04-10, 08:06 PM
Yellow and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Now that is a nice bike, love the blue

AlanMc
28-04-10, 08:14 PM
Hi n Welcome,nice ride

BB
28-04-10, 08:40 PM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I used to have a Hinckly Bonny and have had a Meridan Tiger 100 for many years! 8-)

BB

bobf279
28-04-10, 08:43 PM
hi and welcome

Nokesy
28-04-10, 08:59 PM
Hey Dex - welcome to WB! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Lovely ride - in a great colour :)

finbar
28-04-10, 09:28 PM
What a lush bike! Welcome [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Nico_babe
28-04-10, 10:17 PM
WElcome welcom [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
28-04-10, 10:22 PM
DEX, YOU STILL OWE ME A RIDE! and I won't forget that, as you may have noticed, LOL! How's you? Keeping ok, I hope? Hope to see you (and the triple) soon.

Morticia
28-04-10, 10:25 PM
Oh, yeah, forgot...hello and welcome! I forget my manners when I see a triple...

darrenatthesally
28-04-10, 11:58 PM
hi and welcome to the wb glad to see another triumph rider on the site hope to see you soon down the sally

Kevinb
29-04-10, 08:43 AM
Hello & welcome

Yep. I've had a Hinkley Bonnie (The higher one BonnieLass tried) and also a 1200 Trophy. Also riden the Scrambler and Rocket.
My friend had a Thruxton. A very pretty bike.

Dex
29-04-10, 01:12 PM
DEX, YOU STILL OWE ME A RIDE! and I won't forget that, as you may have noticed, LOL! How's you? Keeping ok, I hope? Hope to see you (and the triple) soon.

I offered just this morning, but no - too busy!

Kev - I think the scrambler would make the most wonderfully cool commuting bike, and I have a massive weakness for the Thruxton. I daren't even test ride one!

Dex
29-04-10, 01:13 PM
hi and welcome to the wb glad to see another triumph rider on the site hope to see you soon down the sally

Well if it's run by a Triumph owner then it sounds like the sort of pub I'd like!

Kevinb
29-04-10, 01:37 PM
I did find the 865cc engine a bit rough compared to the 790cc Bonnie I had. Maybe because it was a loan bike and needed a bit of tlc.
Only thing I found with mine is I kept running out of gears to change up!

Jacde
29-04-10, 10:32 PM
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Hellooo, nice bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Si
01-05-10, 11:20 AM
Welcome! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Blue is my second favorite Triple colour ;)

Ryan
01-05-10, 12:29 PM
Hello, welcome to wb :)

Mas1
01-05-10, 04:53 PM
Hello and welcome nice bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
01-05-10, 05:14 PM

I offered just this morning, but no - too busy!

Kev - I think the scrambler would make the most wonderfully cool commuting bike, and I have a massive weakness for the Thruxton. I daren't even test ride one!

How about you offer on my day off???

darrenatthesally
02-05-10, 12:39 AM
well look seeing forward to seeing you dex

Dex
02-05-10, 12:40 AM
You didn't start work until Two! You had all morning and lunch time to come take her for a spin. But oh no, you want the moon on a stick.

Women!

And thanks for the kind words from everyone else :) I'm a big fan of the Roulette Green STs too - great colour.

I'm glad there's a few people like it - obviously I'm biased, if I didn't think it was a nice bike I'd own something else lol.

(I even still like it having spent last two days stripping suspension linkages to replace the completely shot bearings. That was a pig of a job)

Roxy
02-05-10, 10:37 AM
hello and welcome to WB Dex

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
02-05-10, 11:02 AM
You didn't start work until Two! You had all morning and lunch time to come take her for a spin. But oh no, you want the moon on a stick. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Women! >:(

And thanks for the kind words from everyone else :) [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]I'm a big fan of the Roulette Green STs too - great colour.

I'm glad there's a few people like it - obviously I'm biased, if I didn't think it was a nice bike I'd own something else lol.

(I even still like it having spent last two days stripping suspension linkages to replace the completely shot bearings. That was a pig of a job)

Morticia
02-05-10, 11:02 AM
:P