PDA

View Full Version : New to Wiltshire/New to forum!

Squashed_Fly
16-11-10, 09:48 PM
Hi all!

Well I never really know what to put on stuff like this - it's like writing a dating profile! Here goes:

Cuddly knight in leather armour, on silver steed WLTM other knights and knightesses in leather armour and mounted upon fine stallions of their own for fun times and friendship and hopefully lots of riding (ooer!).

Ok, that's the profile out of the way! I'm Aidan, 28, just moved to Swindon. Been riding since I was 17 (CG100, CB125 & RS125) and have recently moved onto a zx6R which I'm hoping to get to some track days in the new year when we get some better weather and I get some more time on the big bike under my belt.

Am a huge GP fan, have thoroughly enjoyed this seasons racing, even if it has been up and down. We have had some spectacular races.

Am interested in coming on some ride outs and meeting some new people as I work from home so don't get much chance to meet new people and we've only just moved down here from Cheltenham.

That's about it really - any questions, feel free to ask. I'm not shy!

Bonnielass
16-11-10, 09:54 PM
Hello and welcome, for someone who didn't know what to write you did a good job! :) Hope to see you out on a rideout soon! :)

Ryan
16-11-10, 09:55 PM
Hello there, welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CharleyX
16-11-10, 10:03 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]Hello and welcome

Squashed_Fly
16-11-10, 10:10 PM
Thanks everyone. I've just had chance to have a browse through - looks like the friendliest of all the bike forums I've seen. Certainly more so than the MCN boards!

Ryan
16-11-10, 10:29 PM
We are a friendly bunch, we're more like a family then a bike community ;)

ro
16-11-10, 10:37 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum and to the area; I'm sure you'll find lots of friends here. I'm from Swindon too and I'm happy to meet up on the way to one of the regular evening meets or for a weekend ride-out.

Jacde
16-11-10, 10:41 PM
Hello n welcome
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Down the road from you in Redhouse, very new to biking, got my mod2 in September.
Yep we're a fab bunch 8-)

Squashed_Fly
16-11-10, 10:49 PM
Jacde - My missus teaches at Isambard!

Ro - I've seen you down at George Whites. Recognised the 'hawk! be up for a rideout to a meet sometime soon as I have no idea where any of them are!

Jacde
16-11-10, 10:55 PM
[quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1289944097/0#8 date=1289947742]Jacde - My missus teaches at Isambard!

School is right next door to me

Squashed_Fly
16-11-10, 10:57 PM
Well if you fancy a ride out to one of the meets, I'd be up for that. Have no idea where I'm going yet as I'm still finding my way round. I can get to George whites, and into town, and thats about it! lol

smellygerm
16-11-10, 11:07 PM
hello and welcome from the harp & crown bikers meet [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
16-11-10, 11:10 PM
Yes, I've heard about this - sounds good. Need directions! lol

Jacde
16-11-10, 11:15 PM
Well if you fancy a ride out to one of the meets, I'd be up for that. Have no idea where I'm going yet as I'm still finding my way round. I can get to George whites, and into town, and thats about it! lol

I've not been to a meet on a bike yet, it's a confidence thing ::) but know where they are, so once weather improves or we at least have a few dry days that'll be cool. if you can't wait that long think ro is surgically attached to his bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
16-11-10, 11:17 PM
hi and welcome

Squashed_Fly
16-11-10, 11:17 PM
Cool. If it looks nice then, I might shoot a PM your way. You can be my honourary satnav! lol

BB
17-11-10, 06:59 AM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Beamer
17-11-10, 06:16 PM
hiya Mr fly lol (love ur name by the way hehe) and welcome to WB........we are a great bunch....so many different characters but all lovely and helpful and just plain nice.........Im still just a 'L' plater on a YBR 125 but loving every second of it all.....and the people on here have helped to make it such a good experiance. Look forward to meeting you at a meet sometime..... by the way dont ever worry about turning up at a meet in a car.... I do it all the time hehe ;D ;D :D :D :o :o ::) ::) [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
17-11-10, 06:18 PM
Isn't that the ultimate sin? lol

Beamer
17-11-10, 06:24 PM
hehe.... probably but hey I dont worry.... plus my 8 yr old loves the meets too and I wouldnt be able to come much if i didnt do the car thing........ but I think its ok to bring the car and no-one has moaned yet hehe...... Fridays at the Polebarn (in Trowbridge) could be a walking thing as its just down the road but I tend to drive then as well hehe..dont get much chance to get out on the bike tho so Id miss everyone if i didnt get to the meets somehow hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Toph
17-11-10, 09:07 PM
welcome to Wiltshire Bikers Squashed_ Fly!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Hope to see you at a meet very soon!

newnut
18-11-10, 04:02 AM
welcome aboard buddy!

Geordie Stu
18-11-10, 10:15 AM
Welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ro
18-11-10, 10:46 AM
Ro - I've seen you down at George Whites. Recognised the 'hawk! be up for a rideout to a meet sometime soon as I have no idea where any of them are!Ah, the benefits (or perils) of being easily recognised... next time, come and say hello!

Nelly
18-11-10, 12:17 PM
Hello mr Fly [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mas1
18-11-10, 01:53 PM
Hello and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
18-11-10, 09:46 PM
Ro - I've seen you down at George Whites. Recognised the 'hawk! be up for a rideout to a meet sometime soon as I have no idea where any of them are!Ah, the benefits (or perils) of being easily recognised... next time, come and say hello!

Ro you just can't hide with that thing on your lid ! ;D

welcome mcfly!

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
19-11-10, 07:28 AM
Mcfly... I like that!

quimby
20-11-10, 04:56 PM
Welcome 2 WB'ers just over in Oakhurst myself m8 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Si
24-11-10, 04:01 PM
Welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

benobiker
26-11-10, 09:41 PM
Hi and welcome!

Morticia
30-11-10, 07:14 AM
Hello n welcome. In Swine Town too, give me a shout if you fancy a ride.