PDA

View Full Version : New member, and a newly fledged biker too

Loops
15-11-10, 09:09 PM
Hello everyone! :) You all seem like a friendly bunch around here so I'm hoping you can make a new member feel welcome.

I'm a pretty new member of the biking club - I took my CBT back in April '09, but finally got myself a bike of my own in March this year, a trusty Honda CG125. Since then we have done nearly 4000 miles together, including getting my full licence in September ;D

I think that's about enough for now, so I'll just end with a quick photo of my trusty steed (known as Stanley):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/lunalupi/Stanley/ShinyForCheddar.jpg

And just because I love him, a sneaky photo of my car too:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/lunalupi/My%20Arosa/Midget-E38-sm.jpg

Beamer
15-11-10, 09:21 PM
Hi there and welcome to Wiltshire Bikers...... its always good to have new girls on board. Look forward to seeing you at a meet or on a ride-out sometime [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Green Man
15-11-10, 09:24 PM
Hi Loops and welcome to WB we are a very friendly lot and we enjoy biking,that’s some mighty beasts you got there [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
15-11-10, 09:43 PM
Hello n welcome Loops
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Hazel-nut
15-11-10, 09:44 PM
hi and welcome to wb [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BladeTriple
15-11-10, 10:14 PM
Heyup :) welcome to WB

BB
15-11-10, 10:17 PM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Snowy
15-11-10, 10:24 PM
Welcome to WB, lets see Stanley at a rideout or meet soon! :)

Ryan
15-11-10, 11:28 PM
Welcome to WB :)

Jon_W
16-11-10, 09:38 AM
Welcome! Nice CG!

Nelly
16-11-10, 11:43 AM
Hello Loops welcome aboard [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
16-11-10, 01:40 PM
shes an original CG (pretty rare find nowadays!)....
now, im not taking the pi$$....it WILL be collectable one day! when youve finished with it, store it in a shed somewhere, run it up occasionally and sell it for uber bucks oneday!..
all the "older" stuff from my youth is EXTORTIONATE now!....
wish id kept half of the stuff id sold for peanuts!

alternatively, sell it to me for peanuts.... ;-)

Loops
16-11-10, 05:43 PM
Thanks fro the 'hello's everyone - I feel welcome already :)

Hi there and welcome to Wiltshire Bikers...... its always good to have new girls on board. Look forward to seeing you at a meet or on a ride-out sometime [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It would be good to actually meet some other female bikers - I'm the only one in my office, in fact possibly in the whole place!

Hi that’s some mighty beasts you got there [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't know if I would call either of them 'mighty beasts' ;D They are both first vehicles so neither is very fast, but they do look good!

shes an original CG (pretty rare find nowadays!)....
now, im not taking the pi$$....it WILL be collectable one day! when youve finished with it, store it in a shed somewhere, run it up occasionally and sell it for uber bucks oneday!..
all the "older" stuff from my youth is EXTORTIONATE now!....
wish id kept half of the stuff id sold for peanuts!

alternatively, sell it to me for peanuts.... ;-)

Hmmmmm, no, I think I'll pass on that offer :P He's a C reg (1986), so not quite an original but still pretty old - older than me in fact!

I don't intend to sell HIM (Stanley is not a her), although he's not looking quite as shiny at the moment due to the mucky roads. There are a few faults to fix but I'm working my way through the list - the hardest bit is finding the parts as Honda have discontinued most of them!

Bonnielass
16-11-10, 06:16 PM
Hello and welcome Loops! :) Where do you live?

Scotty
16-11-10, 06:16 PM
Welcome aboard Loops - Looks like Stanley is a long-term proposition then - he'll make a decent winter hack as long as you can keep the salt from eating him alive :(
Are you going to trade up to something bigger and better come the spring - or earlier, now's the best time to be buying as the prices are depressed by the season? Any idea what floats your boat yet?
Whereabouts are you from? I'd guess somewhere around the Bath-Corsham area as you mention using the A4 regularly. If near Corsham on your travels, why not drop into the Fart & Clown in Gastard on a Wednesday evening to sample the Smellyburgers (which are far better than the name might suggest ;D) and meet some WBs as it's our official weekly meeting point now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Loops
16-11-10, 06:28 PM
Stanley is indeed a long term member of the family - I'll be keeping him even if I do trade up. I'm also still riding and intend to for as long as I can keep him upright (and the cages aren't sliding all over the road), it's all a good learning experience :)

I did my A2 restricted licence, so I'm limited for the next two years. Stanley is doing nicely for now (at 36,000 miles!), I might upgrade to a 250 or 350cc next year or I may wait until I am de-restricted and go straight up to a 500cc or 600cc.

I'm in the Corsham area, I'd definitely be up for popping along to a regular meet, have a chance to meet some new faces - and try a Smellyburger, I'm trusting you on it being a tasty option!

Iceman
16-11-10, 06:29 PM
Hi and welcome"Loops" to WB! Safe riding! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mas1
16-11-10, 06:43 PM
Hello loops and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
16-11-10, 07:41 PM
Ye Hello Loops

smellygerm
16-11-10, 08:08 PM
Scotty is so right [smiley=thumbsup.gif]welcome from the harp & crown biker meet ;D

silly_simon
16-11-10, 08:10 PM
Hi and Welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I know that Car I'm sure of it ??? Vag Owner member per chance ?? :)

newnut
16-11-10, 08:47 PM
hi there!! welcome aboard! hope to meet u soon at a meet! take it easy in this cold weather, roads are slippy!!

KP
16-11-10, 09:01 PM
Hello and welcome along :)

JAYJAY
16-11-10, 09:06 PM
Hi and welcom to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CharleyX
16-11-10, 09:59 PM
:)Hi Loops welcome to WB

bobf279
16-11-10, 11:22 PM
hi and welcome

Loops
17-11-10, 05:14 PM
Hi and Welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I know that Car I'm sure of it ??? Vag Owner member per chance ?? :)

I am indeed! As the risk of sounding rude, who are you? :P

hi there!! welcome aboard! hope to meet u soon at a meet! take it easy in this cold weather, roads are slippy!!

We are tippy-toeing around at the moment - I've also booked in for some new tyres tomorrow (everyone think sunny thoughts for the next few days so I can run them in!) which should help during the torrential downpours.

I will try and make it to a Harp and Crown meet soon!

silly_simon
17-11-10, 08:22 PM
I am indeed! As the risk of sounding rude, who are you? :P

I am fabvrstdi on vagowners but I am very rarely on there these days as I find them a bit up themselves :( Which is a shame as its a good site with some vry knowledgable people on it :)

Toph
17-11-10, 09:04 PM
Hi Loops !
big welcome to Wiltshire Bikers! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Geordie Stu
18-11-10, 10:16 AM
Hi welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Si
24-11-10, 04:02 PM
Welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
30-11-10, 07:15 AM
Hello n welcome Loops

HensonA
30-11-10, 05:53 PM
Hi Loops and welcome to WB. :)

Caz
30-11-10, 08:04 PM
Hello and welcome :)

smellygerm
12-12-10, 05:08 PM
hey loops nice to see you today at the harp and crown ,thanks for popping in and saying hello ,shame you had to go so quick but I'm sure we will all get to meet you soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Viking
12-12-10, 10:56 PM
Hi Loops nice to meet you in Bath

Nick

Roxy
12-12-10, 11:50 PM
hello and welcome to WB

Roxy

HensonA
13-12-10, 01:48 PM
Good to meet you in Bath on Saturday ... for those few drinks!!

Nico_babe
13-12-10, 02:46 PM
Welcome aboard Loops. Always good to have another biker chick onboard [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Loops
13-12-10, 04:34 PM
Nice to meet a few of you over the weekend - some for longer than others! ;D

virginie_morisot
13-12-10, 05:37 PM
was nice to meet you at the weekend , hope to see you on a ride/meet or other event soon :-)

Iceman
03-01-11, 04:56 PM
Hi "Loops" and welcome to our forum! ;)

SBQE2
04-01-11, 06:57 PM
Hi and welcome to WB :)

Steve