PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the south of France!

britfrog
14-12-10, 07:41 AM
A bit from the wilds of wiltshire i know but my son lives there. I have been asked by my mayor to organise a bike rally here in the pyrenees next june and he would like a lot of english bikers to come. Hopefully I will be able to write a proper invite in the correct section of the forum later on but for now if you are interested please look at the rallies website www.motorcycletoursfrance.co.uk
for further info

Squashed_Fly
14-12-10, 08:16 AM
Hi Brit frog.

Rally looks pretty cool, but there are no prices on that website. Can you give us some more info?

Hazel-nut
14-12-10, 11:38 AM
hi and welcome to wb
its good to have people from other continents on here

BB
14-12-10, 12:44 PM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

smellygerm
14-12-10, 05:53 PM
Welcome from the Harp&crown ,sounds like a great idea

Mas1
14-12-10, 06:24 PM
Hello Britfrog and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Green Man
14-12-10, 07:07 PM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
14-12-10, 07:19 PM
Hi

Caz
14-12-10, 08:05 PM
Hi and welcome to WB, love France [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
15-12-10, 08:05 AM
Hello. Welcome to the house of fun!!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Geordie Stu
15-12-10, 12:29 PM
Hi welcome to WB. We have a trip being planned "French Crusade" planned for Mid June [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
15-12-10, 04:37 PM
Hello and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
16-12-10, 12:24 PM
hi, whats the OFFROAD motorcycling like there? might be another selling point for your village/town :-)

britfrog
16-12-10, 01:24 PM
Hi Brit frog.

Rally looks pretty cool, but there are no prices on that website. Can you give us some more info?

Hi we had a meeting yesterday am waiting to find out if we can get some grant from the council to pay for the bogs. We are hoping to ask for about 10 euros a night for the pitch and about 20 euros per evening meal As soon as I can finalise that I will post it on the website

britfrog
16-12-10, 01:25 PM
hi, whats the OFFROAD motorcycling like there? might be another selling point for your village/town :-)
the offroad is awesome, just miles and miles with no-one on the tracks

britfrog
16-12-10, 01:48 PM
My wife runs a biker friiendly B+B down here which is why the mayor asked us to organise the rally.

jonnydangerous
16-12-10, 01:57 PM
Photos of some tracks and maybe a write up by a local offroader would go a long way too..........

britfrog
16-12-10, 07:40 PM
i will take your advice my next door neighbour is really into riding the trails here, i will get him to write a bit for me

Jacde
16-12-10, 08:28 PM
Hello and Welcome [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
I already have my trip abroad sorted for next year!
Nothing planned for 2012 yet ;D

HensonA
16-12-10, 08:54 PM
Hi and welcome.
Been to the Argeles, Perpignan area a number of times... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
17-12-10, 07:49 PM
Hi Britfrog. Real name's not Phil by any chance...? [smiley=happy.gif]

britfrog
27-12-10, 08:27 AM
Hi and welcome.
Been to the Argeles, Perpignan area a number of times... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

yeah I go to argeles quite a lot before the mad rush arrives then most of us "locals" give the coast a miss until september This is how i discovered the greatest roads going , which I am now going to show at the rally in June.

britfrog
27-12-10, 08:29 AM
Hi Britfrog. Real name's not Phil by any chance...? [smiley=happy.gif]

sorry it is Nigel I write some bike articlesin my spare time some have been printed in used bike guide which is a good little mag

silly_simon
28-12-10, 07:30 PM
Welcome dude :)

ro
28-12-10, 08:11 PM
Good to have you on the forum. I hope we'll do a Wiltshire Bikers tour of Europe soon and it would be great to have your help planning it. But at the rate we've been booking trips so far, there won't be enough time left to fit it in 2011! June is already completely full with May and July filling up fast too—how late in the year can we go and still expect reasonable weather?

Iceman
03-01-11, 04:53 PM
Hi and welcome! Certainly our furthest member but all are welcome! ;)

Si
04-01-11, 09:06 AM
Welcome! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
04-01-11, 10:50 AM
hey and welcome to WB

roxy

britfrog
05-01-11, 11:24 AM
Good to have you on the forum. I hope we'll do a Wiltshire Bikers tour of Europe soon and it would be great to have your help planning it. But at the rate we've been booking trips so far, there won't be enough time left to fit it in 2011! June is already completely full with May and July filling up fast too—how late in the year can we go and still expect reasonable weather?

well it is a well hackneyed phrase but we DO get 300 sunny days a year here and about 30 rainy days. generally speaking we eat out in the garden till late november so day time temps then are still in the high teens. the weather is best for biking outside the main 3 months of summer especially if you are prone to wear leathers. Personally I always find september is about as good as it gets as the kids have gone back to school so no crowds the beaches are still great to visit and eat at the bars on the beaches, the only small hicup is that all the old farts come out with their camping cars which have been in hibernation for a year, happily they have all yet to discover second gear so one easily breezes past them on a bike.

clare_alphafemale
05-01-11, 11:47 AM
Hello and welcome :)

ro
05-01-11, 01:11 PM
I hope we'll do a Wiltshire Bikers tour of Europe soon and it would be great to have your help planning it. ...how late in the year can we go and still expect reasonable weather?...generally speaking we eat out in the garden till late november so day time temps then are still in the high teens. the weather is best for biking outside the main 3 months of summer especially if you are prone to wear leathers. Personally I always find september is about as good as it gets as the kids have gone back to school so no crowds the beaches are still great to visit and eat at the bars on the beaches, the only small hicup is that all the old farts come out with their camping cars which have been in hibernation for a year, happily they have all yet to discover second gear so one easily breezes past them on a bike. ;D
Sounds great! I'd definitely be up for a long trip in September.

HensonA
05-01-11, 03:55 PM
Yep, September is a great time of year to be down in that part of France [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Snowy
06-01-11, 10:00 PM
Welcome to WB. Last time I was your way on two wheels was before most of this lot were born ;D

britfrog
08-01-11, 12:03 PM
I hope we'll do a Wiltshire Bikers tour of Europe soon and it would be great to have your help planning it. ...how late in the year can we go and still expect reasonable weather?...generally speaking we eat out in the garden till late november so day time temps then are still in the high teens. the weather is best for biking outside the main 3 months of summer especially if you are prone to wear leathers. Personally I always find september is about as good as it gets as the kids have gone back to school so no crowds the beaches are still great to visit and eat at the bars on the beaches, the only small hicup is that all the old farts come out with their camping cars which have been in hibernation for a year, happily they have all yet to discover second gear so one easily breezes past them on a bike. ;D
Sounds great! I'd definitely be up for a long trip in September.

well speah swimbo on www.coupdecoeur.co.uk and reserve a place

Morticia
13-01-11, 03:22 PM
Hello and welcome.

I can't make it, got other plans ride wise this year. Hope it goes well.