PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Alert!! :)

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 07:22 PM
Hey to All @ WB,

Im New, as if you didnt know this already! lol.

Im a local wiltshire lad of 28, who tends to prowl the roads of marlborough, swindon, devizes etc.

I ride a Gsx-R k8 and frequently visit trackdays.

Love spending time/money on the bike... and im always changing things on my bike and buying new parts...

so if theres any other Gsx-R owners, keep ya eyes peeled if you see something you like as i'll probably post it up for sale at some point or another! lol.

I use to belong to a bike forum before... loved the rideouts with fellow bikers... but left after the site turned a lil.

I try to ride sensibly... and am happy to convoy with slower riders, or keep pace with the quicker ones too.

I'm no Angel tho... so you'll have to forgive me for my sins from time to time. :)

But i do understand there is a time and a place for such antics and my timing is impecable! lol

Hope to meet many of you in person @ sumpoint.

Kindest Regards,

Thomas ;)

NiteW4tcher
12-03-11, 07:28 PM
welcome to wb i ride a k6 :)

tommyjgraham
12-03-11, 07:30 PM
hello and welcome :)

Toph
12-03-11, 07:32 PM
Hi Thomas, welcome to Wiltshire bikers! :)

silly_simon
12-03-11, 07:36 PM
Hello mate nice introduction there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Welcome to WB :)

PS I dont ride a GSXR :P

Scaredy_Cat
12-03-11, 07:37 PM
Hi Thomas - nice intro. 8-) Welcome to WBs :)

smellygerm
12-03-11, 07:40 PM
Hi Thomas and welcome from the harp and crown bike meet [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

philcooper13
12-03-11, 07:42 PM
Hi Thomas and welcome

Green Man
12-03-11, 07:45 PM
Hi Thomas and welcome to WB I can see you will fit in very well with us lot as we all like to have some fun from time to time
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
12-03-11, 07:47 PM
HI Thomas,

I live in Newbury so I often frequent the Hungerford, Marlb, way.

I ride a K7 600

Will be good to catch up sometime.
:D

Beamer
12-03-11, 07:49 PM
Hi and welcome to WB....hope to see you at a meet or ride-out sometime ;D ;D

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 07:59 PM
Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes! :)
Nice to see a few Gsx-R riders on the site too ;)

Nico_babe, defo up for meeting up sumtime...
Would love to see your bike as i have never seen the red Gsx-R in the flesh before, only pics of it on internet...
looks awsome tho! :)

Glad the intro was recieved well thought it may have been abit much tbh.

Cheers 'Green Man' .... glad to see a fellow supporter of (when its safe to do so) Fun! lol..

I'm not the irresponsible kind, so if i choose to do something its usually safe to do so, and very well practised on a racetrack or airfield 1st! ;)

Tom :)

Nelly
12-03-11, 08:00 PM
welcome geezer :)

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 08:08 PM
Thats my kinda welcome Nelly!! ;)

Made me feel like i back home in london for a minute then bro.

Ps - To all @ WB should you happen to 'spot me' me around the area, and i'm weaving in my OWN lane on the road, please accept that i'm only warming my tyres up so i can ride the bike properly with increased safety for myself and other road users... and not that im sum 'squid' newbie young biker jerk off!! lol

i do it alot.. habit from being on track alot, but i often get glares, head shakes from car drivers and other people that don't have a clue!

so i will appologise for this now.... as I don't intend to when you see me!

thankyou :)

Jacde
12-03-11, 08:09 PM
Hello and welcome
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

would a gsxr especially the one George Whites had a while back, but legs aren't long enough :(

Nico's bike is gorgeous, bit like the rider ;)

Nico_babe
12-03-11, 08:13 PM
Hello and welcome
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

would a gsxr especially the one George Whites had a while back, but legs aren't long enough :(

Nico's bike is gorgeous, bit like the rider ;)

Hey Jackie, I thought you had a bit of a cold coming on and not total loss of sight! Love ya girly xxxxx ;)

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 08:17 PM
Hi Jacde,

Awwww short legs isn't an issue hun!

You do realise you can get lowering kits for most bikes right??

and the kits arn't even really that dear.. Alot of american's lower their bikes to the max for added visual effect!

Aslong as you lower it a sensible amount and not like the american's do, it dosn't screw ya handling up enough for ya typical rider to notice.

I have a girlie mate who has a Kawasaki Z1000, and its lowered, as she likes to be able to get her feet flat on the floor both sides of the bike.... but she can still get her knee down! ;)

so maybe you should bear this in mind next time a Gsx-R is calling you! ;)

bobf279
12-03-11, 08:46 PM
hi and welcome

HensonA
12-03-11, 09:41 PM
Hi Thomas and welcome to WB 8-)

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 10:47 PM
Cheers ..Ade,

That ya bike in your avatar/picture thingy??

Looks sweet!!

HensonA
12-03-11, 11:26 PM
Cheers ..Ade,

That ya bike in your avatar/picture thingy??

Looks sweet!!

..Yep !!!! will be on it for tomorrow's ride-out !!
Look forward to meeting you then.
..Ade [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 11:34 PM
Sounds like a plan!! :)

I'm just in the process of re-fitting my cat and slip on for 2moro, as the race one is gonna be a tad uncomfortable for the riders behind me.

I got some new fairings, and other bits currently at the bodyshop ready for the bikes summer overhaul..

But sadly they wont be ready to fit until end of next week,
shame really..

Would of liked it to all be ready for the 1st meet with you guys.

I'm sure they'll be other days ;)

HensonA
12-03-11, 11:37 PM
Sounds like a plan!! :)

I'm just in the process of re-fitting my cat and slip on for 2moro, as the race one is gonna be a tad uncomfortable for the riders behind me.

I got some new fairings, and other bits currently at the bodyshop ready for the bikes summer overhaul..

But sadly they wont be ready to fit until end of next week,
shame really..

Would of liked it to all be ready for the 1st meet with you guys.

I'm sure they'll be other days ;)
You not able to make the ride tomorrow now?

jj
13-03-11, 07:11 AM
hello and welcome

Bonnielass
13-03-11, 07:23 AM
Hello and welcome. :)

Roxy
13-03-11, 09:20 AM
hey and welcome

Roxy :)

Mas1
13-03-11, 05:11 PM
Hello and welcome :)

BB
13-03-11, 06:10 PM
Hi and welcome to WB 8-)

BB

Geordie Stu
13-03-11, 07:07 PM
Good to see you today Thomas. Hope you enjoyed the ride out.

Sean.C
13-03-11, 08:11 PM
Nice to meet you today. Nice bike too

redken1
13-03-11, 08:29 PM
Welcome

Caz
13-03-11, 08:30 PM
Hello and welcome officially but did meet you today :)

Jan
13-03-11, 10:27 PM
hi Tom :)

Gixxer_Tom
14-03-11, 08:48 AM
Hey,

Thanks for all the welcomes people!

Was really good to meet a fair few of you yesterday on the ride which was an awsome turnout!! :)

I kinda had trouble matching up people to the WB screen names...

For those of you i had a chance to speak to yesterday, was a pleasure and you were all great!

Those of you i didnt get to say hello.... was also good to see you all and soo many different and nice bikes!

Was good to ride with soo many of you!

People i'd like to say a special thanks too....

Caz - Im assuming it was you that kindly lent me your visor wipe. (very kinda gesture i thought!)

Jaydee - Who was a legend and a topbloke allday long both on the road and off... I cudn't wish the next 8 months away sooner mate.. be good to have you back! :)

Monster man - Nice bike and nice bloke!

Sean - i think?? Who was on the lovely green triumph, who was open to abit of playful riding :)
whats your screen name dude??

Chris - On the Yellow Honda, for being an amazing rider.. again being open for abit of playful riding and just being really nice to convoy with :)

Don/Dom?? - Lad with the aprilla tuono, was a really down to earth and nice bloke.

SF - for turning out to be sound, and being quite complimenting about my ride style.. was nice to ride with you mate and talk about technique etc.

Star?? - Lovely young lady with the gorgeous white street triple. - was really nice to chat with later in the day and H&C.. Shame i didnt get a chance to ride with you earlier that day, but ya bike did look soooo much nicer then mine at the pub.. CLEAN!! grrrr ;)

I didnt catch the guy with the Ducati's name... but really sound guy and a bloody lovely bike!

The guy and his son, who i don't know who they were...but they were nice to convoy with, rode super well and was completely cool about me getting a lil sideways near them coming out of a roundabout.. sorry about that! ;)

Last but not by any means Least!!

The Rideout leader and his pillion (again names escape me) For leading such a brilliant rideout, was a good pace, well executed and you were both really nice to chat to when off the bikes!

Hope i covered most of the people i managed to get to know a lil better.

Incase the rest of you hadn't realised... I was the Looney that turned up in pure a white Dianese 1 piece with white everything else too! (much to everyones amusement at the H&C, glad it got some chuckles.)

Thanks to all,

Hope to get to know the rest of you that i didnt have the pleasure to again soon! :)

ps - anyone i spoke to yesterday...if you could drop me a msg so ya bike and real name - so i cant get to reconise yu on the WB site aswell as on rides, that would be ace.

cheers.

Thomas. (Essay Writer! lol)

Sean.C
14-03-11, 07:04 PM
Hi Tom,
I was on the green triumph yesterday.

Sean

Gixxer_Tom
14-03-11, 09:54 PM
Hey Sean,

Nice one mate, thought that might of been you on the site...

Was great to meet and ride with ya bud.

Caz
14-03-11, 10:01 PM
Hi yes I was the one with the wet wipes ;D

smellygerm
14-03-11, 10:05 PM
I'm gutted you forgot about the handsome guy behind the bar dishing out love ,couldn't make the ride but I ride the black bandit with red wheels http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1283184157

Honda_Star
14-03-11, 10:18 PM
Hi Tom

Yes - good to meet you too...and yes I am Star. My triple is not quite as clean now though!! :) :)

Gixxer_Tom
15-03-11, 06:22 PM
Smellygerm.. you didn't get forgotten fella!! You got a pm instead!! ;)

Cool, thought that might of been you Star, was an absolute pleasure hun :)

Glad ya bikes a lil dirtier now... bet its still clean by most peoples standards tho right!? lol

Morticia
15-03-11, 06:52 PM
Hello and welcome Thomas. Thomas, Tom, ride a white gixxer???

Gixxer_Tom
15-03-11, 09:22 PM
Hey Morticia ;)

Yes it is i... you do know me, i'm the very same guy! ;)

However the Gsx-R has had some extensive work done and quicker then ever before :)

And its still white, but new fairings, change of colours in places and a few tricks up its sleeve mean its a different animal from back when you saw me last mate.

I noticed theres a few people from the old forum here...

Noticed Rich zx10R is here, CG, My mate Ollie with the RSV and a few others are dotted about.

I just figured i'd join a new forum and have a fresh start ;)

How you been my luv?

Thomas :)

Morticia
16-03-11, 07:22 AM
Hey Morticia ;)

Yes it is i... you do know me, i'm the very same guy! ;)

However the Gsx-R has had some extensive work done and quicker then ever before :)

And its still white, but new fairings, change of colours in places and a few tricks up its sleeve mean its a different animal from back when you saw me last mate.

I noticed theres a few people from the old forum here...

Noticed Rich zx10R is here, CG, My mate Ollie with the RSV and a few others are dotted about.

I just figured i'd join a new forum and have a fresh start ;)

How you been my luv?

Thomas :)

TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAn't wait to ride with you again, see you strut your stuff :)

Rich now rides a sweet R1, got it just a month or so ago. He's an active member.

CG and Ollie are here in name only, never seen them at a meet/ride or posting in the past year either...Same for JB.

Me, still have the sv, and also inherited the boyfriend's gixxer :) He now rides an rsv mille that will eventually be mine too, LOL, poor man!

Hope to catch up soon, take care, and keep up the funky riding!

Jon_W
16-03-11, 08:09 AM
G'day. Welcome to WB!

TT_Crazy
16-03-11, 10:05 AM
I ride a K7 750 on a 09 plate blue/white in the Swindon area
Hi and welcome.

benobiker
16-03-11, 04:07 PM
Hi mate, welcome, ride a k7 750 here. Not far from swindon here. always up for a ride out, give me a shout.

Ryan
16-03-11, 05:34 PM
Hello, welcome to WB :)

jonnydangerous
17-03-11, 02:44 PM
Cheers mate :-)
ive even fixed the rear brake lever so that it returns all the way, and doesnt now seem like i have been braking all the way throught he bends...hahaha...(even tho i cant ride the bike now)...

when its back on the road, youre welcome to have a go. as long as you dont try to get 16,000 revs out of it ;-)

jd :-)

Gixxer_Tom
17-03-11, 10:44 PM
Hahaha...

Morticia, I'm sooo up for riding with you again hun... bless ya boyfriend.. poor man! i'd lock my bikes away from you for sure!

Though you having a gixxer can only be a good thing hun! ;)

we use to have some laughs riding before mate... and i still know how to showboat when its required! lol ;)

Although the proper tricks are only for airfields, runways and abandoned race tracks! lol

I must set a good example to other riders, and ride nicely with my new WB family ;)

yeah i don't hear from CG, JB or Ollie too must these days either...

Awww rich has an R1, right, i'm gonna txt him!! :)
i'll drag him out sometime so we can all catch up etc.

Thanks for all the new welcomes guys!

TT Crazy and Benobiker.... nice to see another two Gixxer riders in the group, i'm down for riding with you both whenever.. next meet, we'll swap digits and ya more then welcome to give me a buzz anytime you fancy a ride.

Jaydee, good to hear my New best mate now has brakes! lol.... could come in handy! lol.

I kept thinking, why is a rider of such talent and skill level breaking there into that corner.... now becomes clear that u wern't... haha..

Dude anytime you want me to pop over and help you tweak ya bike while its got some 'down time' let me know! ;)

Ooooh as for riding it, Im soooo having a go sumtime then mate, dw, i'll be real gentle with it!

Hahaha i won't push it to 16k dude..... just 15,999 ;)
Nah serious tho... i'll take good care of it for ya mate.

My bike loves the high rev's...... i swear sumtimes i tip it into corners and it's nudging me and whispering...

"fc*k rossi!! - you could take him!" hahaha.. thats what it said about leon, and camier annihilated me!! lmao.

:D