PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts!

Jim_SEC_Bikers
22-06-12, 08:05 AM
Morning All,
My name is Jim and I am a member of an online forum/Club, similar to Wiltshire Bikers, which is called South East Counties Bikers (majority of us are Kent and Sussex based) We are a relatively new club (1yr old)and splintered of from a larger group, which is good as many of us already knew each other when the group was formed. We regularly meet up and do organised runs and track days etc.

The last weekend in July we are coming to Wiltshire for our 1st Annual Rally, which I've sort of organised, we are camping at the Barge Inn, Honey Street, Wiltshire.
Arriving on Friday we are staying until Sunday/Monday. I am trying to organise an activity/ride out on the Saturday 28th July, and was wondering if you guys had any ideas, of biker type venues/destinations for us and then a good pub for lunch? We would love to meet up with any Wiltshire Bikers as well and you would be welcome to join us, what the hell, you could LEAD US on our ride out! (That's me, doing the old slopey shopulders again!)

Anyway any suggestions gratefully recieved and we're looking forward to exploring your lovely countryside, hopefully there's some good biking roads?

On a seperate note I should add I have strong connections to the area as my parents live in Rode and my sister lives in Bath, I very nearly transferred my job to the area myself as I love it so much.

Cheers
Jim

Bonnielass
22-06-12, 08:25 AM
Hello and welcome :)

There are a lot of good roads around Wiltshire!! Why don't you put this in the Meets and rideouts section, you may well get some people who would like to join you!

flick
22-06-12, 08:34 AM
Hi Jim, Welcome to Wb ;)

Saturday the 28th of July is the annual Calne bike meet/show put on by Calne rotary and lions club an event well worth attending,it's held right through the centre of town.
In past years WB have had a stand there.
Give it a google/utube

hope to see you guy's there 8-)

Sadly just rememberd i cant make this event DOH :-[ ;D ;D ;D

Demonbaker
22-06-12, 09:01 AM
Welcome Jim.
Just a word of caution regarding the Barge Inn. It is a great pub in a wonderful location but i know a few bike groups have had problems when staying there. The main concern being lack of communication between staff and the manager, Bike groups have booked camping etc and then no one knows anything about it and when they turn up the Manager blames the bikers. :(

Don't let that put you off the pub as i say its in a great location, just make sure your booking is confirmed and get the name of the person who took the booking

DC
22-06-12, 09:31 AM
Hi and welcome to WB !!! 8-)

Jim_SEC_Bikers
22-06-12, 09:43 AM
Welcome Jim.
Just a word of caution regarding the Barge Inn. It is a great pub in a wonderful location but i know a few bike groups have had problems when staying there. The main concern being lack of communication between staff and the manager, Bike groups have booked camping etc and then no one knows anything about it and when they turn up the Manager blames the bikers. :(

Don't let that put you off the pub as i say its in a great location, just make sure your booking is confirmed and get the name of the person who took the booking

Thanks for the warm welcome, exciting news about the Calne Bike event that's exactly what I was hoping for! As to the Barge Inn, thanks for the info, I have been in regular contact with them and have confirmed our attendance but your message has prompted me to re-confirm this week I think!
Yes I will put a post in the rideout section, perhaps we could host some Wiltshire Bikers at the Barge on Saturday evening around the camp fire! :)

Dan505
22-06-12, 10:10 AM
Howdy Jim

like the idea of the 'foreign' biker exchange scheme :D

Senna(Dan)
22-06-12, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the madhouse Jim.
I agree with Dan reference a 'foreign' biker scheme, I would advise that you don't take him though!
What's your ride?

Geordie Stu
22-06-12, 11:33 AM
Would be good to meet bikers from other parts of the country & perhaps we could arrange a ride next year over to you [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Kevinb
22-06-12, 01:23 PM
Calne is a must over that weekend link below

http://calnebikes.freehostia.com/

Last Train
22-06-12, 01:26 PM
Hi Jim et al :)

Calne is a must over that weekend link below

http://calnebikes.freehostia.com/

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/signs/smiley-vault-signs-016.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Dabz
22-06-12, 02:45 PM
great weekend to choose with Calne going on :D

Jon_W
22-06-12, 03:10 PM
Welcome to Wiltshire.

Can only confirm that the Calne bike show is well worth a visit.

From where your staying you just need to find a road and it'll be a good 'un. But I can recommend the ride from malbrough to avebury via an unmarked road called Free's avenue and the A4361.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Free's+Avenue,+Marlborough&hl=en&ll=51.4246 74,-1.733115&spn=0.011293,0.035191&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=10.966832,36.035156&oq=free's+&hnear =Free's+Ave,+Marlborough,+Wiltshire+SN8,+United+Ki ngdom&t=m&z=16

or the Who'd a thought it Inn to Horton. Both are around your area.

BB
22-06-12, 06:01 PM
Hi and welcome to WB, 8-)

Calne is a great day out and we have some excellent biking roads all round Wiltshire - Enjoy!

BB

Jim_SEC_Bikers
22-06-12, 06:28 PM
WOW, some really great responses on here, thanks guys you're doing Wilts Bikers credit! I have put a post up on my clubs forum about the Calne Bike Festival and am very excited that we chose this weekend, great timing!
We are a very friendly bunch of mixed bikers, boys and gals riding everything from Sports Bikes to Cruisers. At the moment we have 20 of us coming down this includes pillions.
As to my own ride(s) I will be on my VFR 800 FI but I also get to ride a bike in my work which is a 08 Fire Blade, I am one of Kent Fire and Rescues' Fire Bike Riders but I wont be bringing that one down, not much room for tents and son on the back!
:D

BB
22-06-12, 06:54 PM
We ride anything we can get our hands on here too. As long as you are on two (or three) wheels, L plates or old hands you are welcome :D

BB

Kopite
22-06-12, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Wiltshire Bikers. :)

Wes
22-06-12, 07:34 PM
Hi to the SEC Bikers :)

bubblylittleme
22-06-12, 08:49 PM
Well you chose the right weekend with Calne Bike Show.

Wiltshire Bikers always do a slow ride in to it so you could join us.
Might be worth giving them a call to book an area to so you can park in your group.

flick
22-06-12, 09:55 PM
We ride anything we can get our hands onhere too. As long as you are on two (or three) wheels, L plates or old hands you are welcome :D

BB

That's not broken or has a puncture eh BB ;D ;D ;D

RideSallyRide
22-06-12, 10:50 PM
Welcome Jim & Co...
Now all you need is the sun to shine-have a great weekend :)

Jim_SEC_Bikers
22-06-12, 11:09 PM
Wiltshire Bikers always do a slow ride in to it so you could join us.

I'm liking this idea are the rest of you up for this? If so where and what time would we meet you?

Mas1
24-06-12, 08:44 PM
Hello Jim and Bikers Hope You All Have a Great Time Hope To See You All At The Calne Bike Show 8-)

BB
24-06-12, 08:49 PM
We ride anything we can get our hands onhere too. As long as you are on two (or three) wheels, L plates or old hands you are welcome :D

BB

That's not broken or has a puncture eh BB ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D Still got three to fix!

BB

Jon_W
25-06-12, 08:12 AM
We ride anything we can get our hands on here too. As long as you are on two (or three) wheels, L plates or old hands you are welcome :D

BB

Or we can keep running for more than 5 mins...... ;D ;D ;D

Morticia
26-06-12, 08:55 AM
Would be good to meet bikers from other parts of the country & perhaps we could arrange a ride next year over to you [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Good thinking!

And welcome, looking forward to meeting you all.

Caz
27-06-12, 11:09 AM
Hi Jim, hope you enjoy your weekend back in the West Country. Unfortunately some of us have a trip booked to Bude so wont be able to make Calne this year.

Welcome to you all :)

Red Zed 1
30-06-12, 10:31 AM
hi. to sec bikers ..if you get stuck you could always give the campsite at blacklands in calne a call,they are usually very accommodating of biker groups especially as calne bike show is on that weekend. :) :)

Goldie
04-07-12, 12:59 PM
hi and welcome to the madhouse. Hoping to make the Calne show myself too so could see you there :)

Si
13-07-12, 10:22 AM
Welcome! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
13-07-12, 09:40 PM
Hi, Welcome to WB :)

@bj
24-07-12, 12:25 AM
Hi Jim & SEC Bikers

Welcome & hope you all really enjoy your stay in Wiltshire...

I'm local to the Barge so will swing by fri evening & say hello - do you have an eta..?

The 10 mile route from the Barge to Calne is without doubt one of the top 10 mile routes in Wiltshire. Amazing scenery through the Vale of Pewsey...

If you like - I will lead you there - I'll raise a shout to see if any others want to ride from Honey Street - though only a select few of us live East of Calne - the majority of WB hoi polloi hail from the West of Calne and will probably organise a rideout from a McDonalds or some Carpet Factory car park in their neck of the woods...

Yeah - I know... I know...

Let me know if you'd like to this (an official ride in) A 10:00am departure at gentleman scenic speed will arrive Calne by 10:30...

Oakley