PDA

View Full Version : help please

karl636
08-05-09, 08:17 AM
Hi as you know i have bought myself another track bike, Gixxer 600SRAD 1999. Bike runs well, but the breaks are shocking its like blocks of wood lol, i dont know much about the gixxers and dont want to start another forum lol (just dont have the time) Does anyone know if i can put 1000cc calipers on, the break pads are already upgraded, but i just dont slow dow quick enough, I have also heard that you could put 300zx calipers on (is this true or not).

thank you

karl

xl1000va6
08-05-09, 08:39 AM
As far as I know, Gixxer 1000 calipers wont fit, but TL1000 will. Already got braided brake lines?

jonnydangerous
08-05-09, 08:41 AM
DONT! well known fact amongst the track day/racers/gixer owners that the 6 pots have more flex than 4pots!
the problem is tha master cylinder, older bikes lose pumping efficiency, and an upgraded master cylinder is the best youll do....unless youve got the original rubber hoses, ditch these and replace with braided lines and new fluid.

softer race pads take time to warm up, they will be RUBBISH until theyre warm, then they will be better, thats why theres a couple warm up laps on track days, not just to warm the tyres.

have a go on my gsxr next time were out mate, and see the difference (ive got a radial nissin upgrade).

cheers.

jaydee.

karl636
08-05-09, 12:43 PM
hi,

yeah i have full braided hoses front and rear, fluids changed and all air bubbles out, maybe i am just used to the brakes on my new R6, I will see how much an upgraded master cylinder is, also maybe some wavy brake discs, i have race pads on there, but still after warm up lap and the rest of the day at silverstone i was having to brake very early which pissed me off, even fethering the brake whilst cranked over was hard. Jaydee i will give ya a ring ok, its at my gaff if you want to come on over and have a play see what we can do, i am at silverstone again on the 12th.

karl

bladep102
08-05-09, 07:47 PM
most peeps get r1 4pots cheap and **** hot and get rid of master cylinder and try getting later model k5 and hel will then make you a set of lines [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

karl636
09-05-09, 08:21 AM
most peeps get r1 4pots cheap and crap hot and get rid of master cylinder and try getting later model k5 and hel will then make you a set of lines [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

thx mate i will look into it

Davey
09-05-09, 09:42 PM
I might have a K5 master cylinder and lever in their workshop - open to offers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

karl636
11-05-09, 05:54 AM
I might have a K5 master cylinder and lever in their workshop - open to offers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

would this be as good as the brembo stu, as i dont want to be upgrading again in a few months time. thx send me pm please with details.

karl

bladep102
11-05-09, 07:38 PM
wont be as good but i have k5 on mine and mate has radials on his k4 bike and full brembo master cylinder and i can still outbrake him and i havnt had any probs [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

drinky
11-05-09, 09:37 PM
Silverstone on the 12th, I'll look out for you mate. I'll either be on my SV 650 track bike or my 996. Looking forward to it.

karl636
14-05-09, 01:50 PM
Silverstone on the 12th, I'll look out for you mate. I'll either be on my SV 650 track bike or my 996. Looking forward to it.

or saw a 650 mate but didnt know if it was you or not, saw loads of ducats though.

karl