PDA

View Full Version : Rider Performance - Castle Combe 13th May 2009

Chrissie
05-05-09, 09:47 PM
Avon & Somerset said they still have places left on the Performance Day if anyone is interested.

Leaflet says Instruction is given fm Nurburgring instructors, club racers and motorcycle instructors.

Skills training, theory, and introduction to track environment.

£99.00 - Tel; 0844 980 0028 or www.roadsafetysomerset.org.uk [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
06-05-09, 08:53 AM
Don't know whether they've changed it, but when I last looked it was only £99 if you lived in certain counties i.e. paid your council tax there.
It was £135 for people living in Wilts.

Of course it's possible they've changed it if they are low on numbers.

bladep102
10-05-09, 08:39 PM
if its run by stu bullock dont bother even the snails are faster than him

Chrissie
11-05-09, 11:01 PM
When I first rang up the lady knew where I was from but never mentioned it being anymore, the leaflet doesn't mention any other prices. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
12-05-09, 11:49 AM
If it's £99 then it's great value for money.
I would have signed up to this if I'd known about it but I'm booked on a similar one already at Mallory park.

I am going on a first aid course tomorrow (free) with somerset road safety partnership and I have to say they've been highly disorganised.

The bloke in charge said he'd send me details.
I had to ring 3 times to get the location.
He again said he'd email me details.
I had to ring a 4th time to get the timings.
No-one else knew anything about it so I had to wait for one guy to call me back.
I know it's free but that's not really very good.
I'd hate to waste a day off work.

Chrissie
12-05-09, 01:35 PM
Blimey, I hope someone is there when you arrive, that sounds a very useful course I'd be interested in that. Let me know how it goes, hope to see you again at the Mermaid one evening.

Re Blades post; I honestly don't care about the speed of my course I just want the skills it provides, at this stage of the game I need all the help I can get, I can worry about racing next week :)

Ducatista
12-05-09, 02:51 PM
It's this one

http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.twhhyjzpxapzkouq&pageI d=164424

It's called First Bike on Scene and is designed for motorcyclists.
Somerset Road Safety partnership do them sometimes for free, although it's on a week day, so you might need time off.
I don't live in Somerset so that wasn't an issue, but I've got to get to Yeovil for the course.

Ducatista
18-05-09, 11:20 AM
ok, looks like my info was wrong - sorry.

The rider performance day is £99 for everyone and I believe there will be another one in September.
It's actually the Ride to arrive which is discounted for certain residents.
http://www.cvam.info/index.php?page=main.srsp_events

I went on the first aid course on Thursday and everyone that went on the Rider skills day said it was very good but very intensive (they were all dehydrated).

I met Jim Newman from Somerset Roda Safety Partnership who is a biker and is a good guy.
I think it's worth keeping an eye on their events because they are both good and cheap.

The First Aid course was good and I'd be much more confident and know what to do know if there was an incident.
It was free and included tea and coffee, but I had to go to Yeovil which took me quite a while in the car.

Chrissie
18-05-09, 09:55 PM
I'll definitely keep my eyes open for their courses again, they are very pro-active about improving safety records, the first aid course sounds very useful.

The Rider Performance day was brilliant, I'm a real novice and it was a perfect transition from road to track, we progressed steadily from theory to following an expert then finally being let loose for free laps. Maybe not the course for speed-freaks but for a first track experience it's ideal.

The instructors are highly experienced with plenty of tales to tell and keen to pass on their extensive knowledge, the course is heavily subsidised and great value. ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ONFIRE
18-05-09, 11:16 PM
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1240005523/0

Bump [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]