PDA

View Full Version : exhaust for my xj6

baxter
05-09-10, 05:43 PM
i been trying to find some one that can make my bike louder can hardly hear it when i am on ride outs. problem is it is all one piece. i also have a limited price range

pilninggas
05-09-10, 06:50 PM
The engine is the same as the 03-05 R6. What loads of people are doing is using R6 exhaust bits to make something workable oon the cheap. Dunno if they've got any left, but GWs Autojumble had the Micron R6 downpipes for £50. I bought some and then with a little bit of work (ball-pein hammer), got them to fit on the XJ6. I then put a GSXR1000 micron race can on (also £50 from GWs). Really good but too loud for me. In the winter im gonna get a quiter end can, and hope fully have a lightweight, Cat-free exhaust on the cheap.

On the FZ6R forum (the yank name for the XJ6), a guy knocked the guts out of the exhaust with a long screwdriver - a cheap way to make it noiser, but not for me as there is no way back if you don't like it or you balls-it-up!

My down pipes are in my shed if you wanna borrow them and see for yourself... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]