PDA

View Full Version : Tyres for my 250

Robz
10-09-10, 07:08 PM
Hi guys
Id like some advice on some new rubbers for my bike, at the moment im debating between pirelli and bridgestone but im open to suggestion, what i need out of the rubbers is good in wet and dry weather use, relativly good lifetime and a bit of fun factor from them too,oh yeah and it would be nice if they heated up relativly quickly too, any rubbers would be better then what iv got on there at the moment, IRC Roadwiners, there not bad, but they could be a lot better. i know im asking a lot from one set of tyres but hey if you dont ask youll never know.
thanks in advance guys
Hamster
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif]

ro
11-09-10, 03:12 PM
I changed my rear IRC Roadwinner for a Bridgestone BT45 in May and wow, what a difference! Some of that was no doubt just new-for-old tyre effect (the IRC was very well worn after 10,000 miles), but I remember noticing that the IRC felt skittish in the wet from the beginning - there's none of that with BT45. Not sure how well they'll last though - the BT45 has done about 5,000 so far and is starting to show wear. It's more even than on the IRC though, which was looking distinctly square long before the end.

Robf
11-09-10, 03:48 PM
i used to have the pirelli MT75 on my 250 at first but they never felt that good, and would wear down a rear in 4000 miles, i would suggest the bt45's as they have slightly longer life

Jon_W
13-09-10, 07:49 AM
Avon Roadriders or Brigestone BT45's. Had the Avons on the Honda ant the life, grip and feel were superb. Have got the BT45's on the GS and likewise, faultless.