PDA

View Full Version : Engine fails when i pull the clutch..

HarrisonR99
28-11-10, 08:39 PM
Was wondering if anyone had any advice... Even when the engine is warmed up whenever i pull the clutch back on my yamaha dt125r without revving it at the same time it conks out, this wasnt an issue before. The screw for adjusting revs makes absolutely no difference when i adjust it despite the fact that it did before, the revs dont increase or decrease. I assume somethings gone wrong? It just conks if i pull the clutch back for slightly too long or in 1st gear without revs..

Help please, Harrison.

Jon_W
28-11-10, 11:14 PM
Check your cable runs... could be a snag somewhere. Do the revs alter when you move the bars left or right???

Cemorah
29-11-10, 11:00 AM
They are not really related. There is a possibility that the clutch mechanism (inside the engine) is not adjusted correctly and the cable is pushing everything to a "bind" which is stalling the motor. Have you got a standard lever or an incorrect aftermarket unit that is moving too much cable?

Two screws on carb Front one is idle speed-screw in to speed up
Rear one is idle mixture srew in to richen. standard setting 1&1/2 out from lightly seated.

If you are near Cricklade PM me I can look at it for you. I know this engine well

jonnydangerous
29-11-10, 01:07 PM
sounds like a classic case of "Yamaha clutch spring bind" to me.....
there are a few yamaha models that have clutch springs that are toooooo long, and cause the clutch to drag "ever so slightly" causing the motor to stall..
this is a well known problem in WRF250's and makes selecting neutral a problem at standstill...

there is a fix! PM me for details....

Jd :-)