PDA

View Full Version : End can for Fazer

redken1
28-12-10, 11:13 AM
I was reading What Bike? and they reviewed a number of exhaust end cans of which they voted SP Engineering MotoGp can star buy. I was considering buying an Akrapovic, but they are very expensive (£500) and as I'm lacking in funds was thinking of fitting an SP (£200). To my amazement the firm are based in Frome. The pics of them fitted to the FZ1 on their website look real 8-).
I was wondering if any WB member out there had any dealings with them or could give me any advise about their products.

Thank you in anticipation and a happy New Year [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
28-12-10, 04:02 PM
I was reading What Bike? and they reviewed a number of exhaust end cans of which they voted SP Engineering MotoGp can star buy. I was considering buying an Akrapovic, but they are very expensive (£500) and as I'm lacking in funds was thinking of fitting an SP (£200). To my amazement the firm are based in Frome. The pics of them fitted to the FZ1 on their website look real 8-).
I was wondering if any WB member out there had any dealings with them or could give me any advise about their products.

Thank you in anticipation and a happy New Year [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Everyone has to be somewhere ;)

BB

redken1
28-12-10, 04:22 PM
Good point Judy - just pleased that they are up the road cos according to their website they welcome visitors. I will pay them a visit to check out the cans, but was hoping for some info. Early days so I will keep a look out on this thread. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
28-12-10, 07:17 PM
Ken
Have you seen these
http://www.campbellcustom.co.uk/Yamaha%20FZ1S.htm

A mate had one on his 07 and he said it was the dogs danglies [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I too thought about the SP engineering but evedently they are all made to order :-/ so plumped for the FUEL one instead [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
28-12-10, 07:34 PM
They do look smart Simon, but on the site they advise fitting a power commander as the exup valve is removed. Is that the same with all end cans? Sp do say that their cans are available off the shelf.

tracey_c
28-12-10, 08:35 PM
2 of our friends have them fitted to thier bikes ones a new z750 the other one is a new z1000 and they look& sound awesome, have you had a look at the scorpion range in gm stevens in trowbridge look good and very reasonable priced too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
28-12-10, 09:21 PM
They do look smart Simon, but on the site they advise fitting a power commander as the exup valve is removed. Is that the same with all end cans? Sp do say that their cans are available off the shelf.

Let me have a word with my mate as I'm 90% sure his was just a link pie from the exup back but i will endeavour to find out and report back [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
29-12-10, 11:15 AM
2 of our friends have them fitted to thier bikes ones a new z750 the other one is a new z1000 and they look& sound awesome, have you had a look at the scorpion range in gm stevens in trowbridge look good and very reasonable priced too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Are you talking about the SP exhausts Lady Z? And cheers Simon

Mark_Able
29-12-10, 04:37 PM

You don't NEED a PowerCommander, but it can help optimise fuelling. I fitted an Akropovic titanium can on mine when new. Yes, you lose the EXUP valve, but it made no difference... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

tracey_c
29-12-10, 08:19 PM
hi simon, yes i was talking about the sp. i was going to buy one from them as they came highly reccommended by my friends, the only reason i didnt was my friend WOL from busted knuckles cut down my scorpion pipe so now it sounds absolutley fantastic [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
29-12-10, 08:56 PM
Ken,
This is the reply I got from my mate ref: the campbell exhausts

Simon

The can was a straight fit with the EXUP valve and cables removed completely, no PC111 or other stuff

Had the AIS blocked, the air filter was a K&N and that was it

IMHO the EXUP valve on the current FZ1 is more for noise regulations that power so the removal makes no odds

Regards
Roger

Hope its of some help buddy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

nobby
01-01-11, 11:26 AM
hi simon seen the picture of your bike and imo putting on a sp exhaust end can or another make for that matter would make the bike look even sweeter.have you made any decision on what you want to go for yet!!! :)

redken1
01-01-11, 05:12 PM
I'm Ken, Nobby. Think Simon and I were mixed up somewhere along the thread. No I have not decided yet still researching. Beowulf look smart. I am not in any hurry cos the bike is off the road for the next couple of months. In the meantime, any feedback would be welcome.

Mark_Able
01-01-11, 08:12 PM
Ken, don't buy cheap. ART cans sound and look good, and are dirt cheap, but they actually reduce horsepower. I also found they stick a naffing great flat spot somewhere in the rev range. Buy a proper race pipe, so it's tuned for your bike... :)

redken1
01-01-11, 08:17 PM
Thanks Mark, I think I will prob bite the bullet and go for the Akrapovic before the spring. Your bike looked and sounded brill with it fitted. It is my 1st choice, just gotta earn the spondoolicks now.

Mark_Able
01-01-11, 08:22 PM
Thanks Mark, I think I will prob bite the bullet and go for the Akrapovic before the spring. Your bike looked and sounded brill with it fitted. It is my 1st choice, just gotta earn the spondoolicks now.

Yep, can't go wrong mate. Mine had the road legal baffle in as well. Still sounds fruity... ;)

Nooj
18-01-11, 07:32 PM
Have a look at MiVV and Laser as well, they do some quality 'zorstage.