PDA

View Full Version : FI light

NiteW4tcher
26-01-11, 05:52 PM
my gixxer was taken to my mates today for a MOT it developed a FI light days before i put it away for winter.

been told it will most likley be the exhaust valve thats stuck open...there is a old thread on that i started last year.

but if it was that valve it would have been there soon as that valve stuck??

gsxr-750 k6. the bike rides fine still pulls like a train no misfiring nothing weird.

opinions??

Dan

Mark_Able
26-01-11, 08:21 PM
Not necessarily. It may take a while before the sensors establish the fuelling isn't right. The valve is primarily there to quieten the bike down at lower revs, but has the added bonus of creating more back pressure=more torque. After fitting an Akropovic to my bike, I disconnected the EXUP, with no ill affects to the bike. 8-)

That is, assuming we're talking about the same exhaust valve? If it's a valve stuck open in the head, the affects would be much worse than a Fuel Injection light coming on... :(

silly_simon
26-01-11, 08:29 PM
It may just be where the machine hasn't been used for a number of months and the exhaust valve has stuck :( It might free itsself with a bit of use :P

Jon_W
27-01-11, 08:12 AM
I'm with simon.... could just be where it hasn't been used.

Give it a good ride!

NiteW4tcher
27-01-11, 12:39 PM
I'm with simon.... could just be where it hasn't been used.

Give it a good ride!

will do once its road legal again

whizz
27-01-11, 07:25 PM
Hi had same problem with a K4 gsxr1000 i had ,cleaned and lubed valve and all was back to normal ! Fi light will come on if valve just a little bit tight in operation and just a decent ride may fix it ! ;)

jonnydangerous
01-02-11, 11:00 AM
or you could cut the black and yellow wire from the cdi (about two inches out from the CDI so that you can re-connect if you have to)......

gissa shout....

Jon_W
01-02-11, 02:16 PM
or you could cut the black and yellow wire from the cdi (about two inches out from the CDI so that you can re-connect if you have to)......

gissa shout....

Is that kinda like removing the bulb??? :P

jonnydangerous
01-02-11, 03:56 PM
bulb?...only if youre a gardener, ;-) if youre an engineer, its like removing the lamp (haha, here we go, ive started many a conversation at work between people on bulbs and lamps).......only joking :-)

yeah, its kind of "interupting" the power supply to the FI light from the exhaust valve circuit, im pretty sure my GSXR still lit the FI Light (bulb, lamp) when the air pressure sensor was disconnected accidentally, can check tho as i still have this mod on my bike..........

if the GSXR needs an exhaust valve actuator, i have two going spare.....

Jon_W
01-02-11, 03:59 PM
Just call me Alan Tichmarsh!!!

so basically you are re-directing the current flow to an instrument illumination device.

Nice one!