PDA

View Full Version : Carb balancing

silly_simon
07-02-11, 09:30 PM
Right then guys and girls its my turn to ask for a little help :o

I have a Morgan Carbtune and have in the past used it on my 600's But I want to do the 1000 and looking at the carbs the intake stubs look a little different :-/

Is there anyone here who could give me a hand one weekend to do em please ??

There is some Fosters larger here waiting for a volunteer ;) ;)

njl
07-02-11, 09:54 PM
i'm happy to volunteer to drink your fosters, but havent guage balanced carbs before, so can't provide the help your after ;)

Mitch9128
07-02-11, 10:23 PM
Do you mean take offs? Does it need adapters?

Jon_W
08-02-11, 08:09 AM
Don't mind having a look, but never balanced on a guage either. Have always checked the throttle lift. How off is the bike running??

Green Man
08-02-11, 08:19 AM
Simon Have the take offs been blanked off ?? i have the same guages.. i can help but not this weekend i have to much on are you about next weekend ?? [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
08-02-11, 01:42 PM
on early yam's like fzr1000 you had to remove the small screw( m5 thread i think) they arnt in the inlet rubbers, i think they were part of the port in the cylinder head.....
long time since i did an FZR tho.....
yours might be the same.

jaagsxr
08-02-11, 06:58 PM
hi simon i have some adaptors that you can screw into the take offs , but they came with my carbtune if that is any help ?

silly_simon
08-02-11, 08:20 PM
Sorry guys the word intake stubs seems to have confused the issue here :o

the carb inlet rubbers have take off points that dont require adapters as far as I know, well the 600 never did :) All you do is pull the rubber caps off and attach the carb tune, Thats the easy bit :D the carb adjusting screws are a little more difficult to get to than the 6 so therefore wanted some assistance with the actual adjusting :) :)

Thanks colin I'll pm you

Cemorah
13-02-11, 08:15 PM
you might want to invest in one of these

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/parts-accessories-motocross-workshop-tools-motocross-tools-job-specific-tools-motion-pro-pilot-screw-adjusting-tool-p-3324.html

Make access much easier and no burnt knuckles ;)

silly_simon
14-02-11, 07:36 PM
Right did this yesterday and had to redo it again today after taking it for a run first to warm it up thoroughly >:(

I am pretty sure it is right now with all the rods in the carbtune all measuring the same :) :)

took it for another more gentle ride and it was A-OK 8-)