PDA

View Full Version : bikes boogered (update) tomorrow will tell

NiteW4tcher
07-02-11, 09:06 PM
:( only had it back 1 day

went to overtake gave ita handfull ..it backfired...fi light came up and it started missing.

also the immobiliser light was on. ive traced the problem to the wiring loom that is on left side of bike ...it feeds the clocks etc etc

i had trouble with the plug getting wet before. the clocks kept going off. the plug was cleaned up and sorted the problem until now.

the immobiliser light is constantly glowing instead of flashing.

the bike will start but is missing and backfiring badly and the immoby light stays lit even with engine running.

ive taken the plug and wd4o it with no affect.

the plug wires seem loose andif u wiggle different ones about the clocks do odd things. im going to have to bite bullet and take it to the ony bike shop i know around here.....hayballs

a wise move or not?

apart from replacing the plug or cutting it off and hard wire it al together im out of ideas.

:(

silly_simon
07-02-11, 09:15 PM
If you mean hayballs in salisbury then may I suggest VJ superbikes in Mudeford as they are Suzuki dealers :)

Mark_Able
07-02-11, 09:26 PM
If you mean hayballs in salisbury then may I suggest VJ superbikes in Mudeford as they are Suzuki dealers :)

Agree... :)

njl
07-02-11, 09:50 PM
hmm if a wiggle directly causes things to change you could have the problem at hand..... although wd40 is great for water displacement you can get spray contact cleaner which may serve you better on that connector

any chance of a piccy or two of the plugs?

Jon_W
08-02-11, 08:01 AM
If the HT leads are loose, that can cause all kinds of fun.

If your taking it to dealer, go to a Suzuki one.

NiteW4tcher
08-02-11, 08:11 PM
ive found a loom on ebay...im going to replace that before i pay dealers.....

how easy are the clocks to remove from a k6???

Jon_W
09-02-11, 10:35 AM
Hit very hard with a hammer??? :-?

Or failing that, you'll have to remove the fairing. That's normally the longest bit of the job. The clocks are only normall held on by a few screws.

NiteW4tcher
09-02-11, 05:35 PM
i have bought a loom from ebay....just had another look at connections.

i got the wrong side lol one ofthe pins on the main loom is corroded and slightly frayed.

i will pop to halfrauds tomorrow and get a new connector and some wire and solder a new peice of wire and new connector.

if this is the problem causing the bike to missfire and backfire and causing the imobiliser light to be on......anew connector should fix it yes?

or will the immobiliser have thought "hang on someone is messing with the bike" anc continue to play up

but my thinking isifthe immobiliser itself is @ fault then the bike would not start at all??

Jon_W
10-02-11, 08:05 AM
Corrosion deffo could be the cause.

Disconnect the battery before working and the immobaliser will know no different....

I would suspect if the internals of the immobaliser were proper fooked, then the bike would be dead.... check out the corrosion...

NiteW4tcher
11-02-11, 05:18 PM
ok here we go

ECU has water in it ..............also a ecu pin has corroded and snapped off inside of loom plug

>:(

please see my plee for help in general chat :-[

Dan

NiteW4tcher
13-02-11, 11:55 AM
>:( make that 2 snapped pins

ive been quoted £300 for replacement ecu with having my original keys and barrel coded to replacement ecu

could be worse :)

NiteW4tcher
19-02-11, 10:27 PM
with many thanks to JD

the bodged ecu will be re-fitted to bike tomorrow...........so we will see youout there

hopefully

silly_simon
20-02-11, 05:31 PM
Mate If it was me I would use some silicon grease on the terminals to not only help reduce water ingress but it helps conduct electrical current :)

I have a tube here if youre ever passing ;)

This (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Servisol-Silicone-Grease-50g-Water-Repellent-Insulation-/110649970350?pt=Computing_ComputerComponents_Fans_ Heatsinks_SR&hash=item19c3408eae)

Is the stuff I have [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but I managed to get it from Maplins ;D

NiteW4tcher
20-02-11, 07:41 PM
it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nowi have a bike again

BUT

its not reading the speed the display just says 0mph its also not reading miles, odometer doesnt count

once again many thanks to JD

jonnydangerous
21-02-11, 09:54 AM
oooooooooooh yeah..... (doing the dance) im the besssssst in the whole wide world...oooooh yeah...... ;-)

when are you dropping the cash off?... ;-)