PDA

View Full Version : Tail tidy

Jacde
18-02-11, 12:25 PM
Thinking about getting one for my Divvy and it says it takes 30 minutes to fit (I'll allow myself an hour before I start phoning friends ;D )
It has the LED for the number plate but I'm a tad confused, do I need to buy new indicators or will I be able to us my existing ones?
Plus should I keep original tail piece or stick it in the recycling bin?

njl
18-02-11, 12:54 PM
I'd keep the old fitting in case you want to include it when you sell the bike. You would normally reuse the indicators originally fitted I'd think

silly_simon
18-02-11, 01:15 PM
Keep the original parts :)
As Nick says you may want to pass em on or put bike back to original at some point [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

As for the winkers it depends which one you have gone for my lovely, but generally you can use the originals unless you particularly want smaller/ LED ones ;) If you decide to go for LED ones you may need a different flasher unit as they will flash at a different rate :o

jonnydangerous
18-02-11, 02:45 PM
youll want to keep the original, just incase (heaven forbid) you have to make a claim on the insurance..........or you can declare it if you want to be tip top legal...

Jacde
18-02-11, 02:49 PM
Ahh, will a tail tidy be classed as a mod then??? :-?
Think I'd rather keep original indicators, just figure size matters with lights on my bike, would rather other road user see them than have tiny ones. :)
Might spend some pocket money on fleabay in the next few minutes :)

jonnydangerous
18-02-11, 02:55 PM
if you want help fitting it.........................ive got a chainsaw ;D

Jacde
18-02-11, 03:01 PM
Lol that was going to be my next question, will a hammer surfice or do I need other tools? ;D

I will fire up google and look for instructions on how to fit it before I start :)

Jon_W
18-02-11, 03:02 PM
Alway keep original parts. You will find them very expensive to replace if you should ever need to.

You should'n need new indicators, but it depends on the tidy.

I'd avoid budget parts, you could find the quality of the parts and the fit to be less than ideal.

njl
18-02-11, 03:04 PM
I think r&g sell one for your bike jac, Nooj is a dealer for them now I think - so could probably quote you

Jacde
18-02-11, 03:08 PM
Ooo is he, cheers Nick, will pm him

Tho I'm a woman I have to look everywhere at the same tail tidy trying to find the best price and then I go back and buy the first one I saw ;D ;D ;D

Uber Dave
18-02-11, 03:17 PM
The R&G ones are designed to accept the standard equipment on the bike, so if you get one of those you can just pop your current winkers on the TT and bobs your uncle.

*500th POST -- w00p*

Squashed_Fly
18-02-11, 03:21 PM
you can just pop your winkers on the TT
*500th POST -- w00p*

Ooer! ;D

Roxy
18-02-11, 03:25 PM
The R&G ones are designed to accept the standard equipment on the bike, so if you get one of those you can just pop your current winkers on the TT and bobs your uncle.

*500th POST -- w00p*

GEEK

Uber Dave
18-02-11, 03:27 PM
Hey, we are not all gossip queens like you! I have been here two years, 500 aint that quick.....

Roxy
18-02-11, 03:28 PM
Hey, we are not all gossip queens like you! I have been here two years, 500 aint that quick.....

2 years?....my God that's dragged :-*

Bornagain
18-02-11, 05:06 PM
I think if you buy any R&G product from Nooj he'll fit it free of charge to WB's.....Confirmation that this forum and those in it ROCK ;) ;)

Jacde
18-02-11, 05:14 PM
Have sent him a pm, just waiting for a reply, would mind giving it a go myself but spoke to Wiltshire Builders earlier and I'm not confident I wouldn't manage to electrocute myself or blow my bike up, ;D clumsy should have been my middle name!

Mark_Able
18-02-11, 08:40 PM
Anything you fit to your bike is worth flogging seperately when you sell it. Therefore keep the original parts... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
19-02-11, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all the advice chaps ;) you are all stars
Once tail tidy arrives I may just have an open house and you can all come along and 'help' me fit it ;D

NiteW4tcher
19-02-11, 11:33 AM
i fitted a scorpion tailtidy............and keeping the standard legal plate.

after a while it snapped as it was not designed to take a standard plate......ie the wind dragging on the plate caused the tail tidy to snap..... :o

its currently bodged ...i had to drillthe 2 halfs and bolt it together.

Nooj
26-02-11, 11:02 PM
I did send a reply, did you get it OK?