PDA

View Full Version : Scooter tyres.

Jon_W
21-02-11, 07:57 AM
Any recommendations on the best Scooter (small wheel) tyres to get?

It currently has Michelin tyres on it.

Ta

Mark_Able
21-02-11, 09:01 PM
Anything cheap... :)

Thorkill_The_Tall
21-02-11, 11:20 PM
Assuming you mean modern scooters, not Lambrettas or Vespas, Avon Viper Strykes and Conti Twists are good choices.
Both offer good grip and longevity.

Jon_W
22-02-11, 07:48 AM

And black.... I think not! :P Want decent grip and ride for this thing, despite being a scoot!!!

Yest it is a modern Scoot. Will look at the Avons and Conti's. Cheers.

Squashed_Fly
22-02-11, 02:08 PM

And black.... I think not! :P Want decent grip and ride for this thing, despite being a scoot!!!

Yest it is a modern Scoot. Will look at the Avons and Conti's. Cheers.

What size scoot is it? Seems pointless spending loads on something that only does 30mph?

Jon_W
22-02-11, 03:00 PM
It's a big 125 maxi scoot....

TBH, I think it's worth spending the money on any motorcycle tyres... only a credit card of contact is between you and very bad underwear!!!!

Squashed_Fly
22-02-11, 04:18 PM
Yeah, but at slower speeds and tiny fat wheels, cheap ones do the job just as well. You don't notice the difference unless you are going fast and banking it over tbh. Plus the grippier the tyres, thae harder it is to 'back it in' to roundabouts! ;D

Si
22-02-11, 05:10 PM
Yeah, but at slower speeds and tiny fat wheels, cheap ones do the job just as well. You don't notice the difference unless you are going fast and banking it over tbh. Plus the grippier the tyres, thae harder it is to 'back it in' to roundabouts! ;D

Cheap tyres are normally crap in the wet and even at low speeds they will wear out in no time. Something I never scrimp and save on for the bikes or car for that matter and that means £270 a corner! >:(

Squashed_Fly
23-02-11, 07:36 AM
Some are, but so are some expensive ones. Never listen to the salesman who tells you the more you spend, the better you get. Take HD cables, no difference between cheap and expensive. Join a scooter forum and ask around there would be my advice.

Jon_W
23-02-11, 08:19 AM
TBH, I'll replace with a brand I know or the OEM recomended.

StreetHippo
01-03-11, 08:38 PM
Try having a look at:
www.maximuppets.com

They're pretty friendly and helpfull guys.

Stu