PDA

View Full Version : Possible streetfighter project

Mildred
19-04-11, 08:57 PM
Hi, I have a sick bandit. Partly my fault party some complete eejit who destroyed her before me! She's been off the road a few months now and my main aim is to get her back up and running ( breaks, throttle, lights) among, no doubt, other things. How ever, I love the idea of turning her into a street fighter seeing as that's the type of bikes I like. Nout fancy, just a bit of fun.

Now, i confess to being a proper girl and knowing very little about doing anything like this...can anyone help me? I'm on a very very tight budget but I'll pay anyone for their help with loads of beer and or food. I don't want someone to do it for me, that's not my style, I wanna do it but with help/guidance. I'm not afraid of hard work,dirt and I won't cry if I chip my nail paint :P

So.... Anyone got time on their hands and want to help me massacar a bandit?

silly_simon
19-04-11, 09:21 PM
It really depends on what you want todo to it ?

Have a look here (http://www.banditmaniashop.co.uk/) It will give you an idea of stuff available and what its likely to cost mate :)

Also does it actually run ? or does that need sorting aswell ??

470four
19-04-11, 09:34 PM
I'll have a look, I enjoy a challenge... :D

As per Simons post - what does it need? Does it run?

What works on it?

Mildred
19-04-11, 09:43 PM
She did run until I snapped the keys in the petrol tank, aa then tried to start it off solanoid which failed and I'm sure I heard a pop >:(

just got new keys for it, so I should know by the weekend if she has any life.

What I wanna do it mainly tidy her up. It's written as a faired bike, but she was very clearly thrown up the road into something very hard so has no front fairings now (who ever did it just gaffa taped the electrics up and that's it!) at one point she was held together with cable ties and electrical tape ( confess to buying it blind and not knowing any of this) they just tarted her up and did the work badly.

I perv alot at deamon tweeks and street fighter mag but I don't even have a clue where I'd need to start!

With help what ever happens she can't get in any worse a state than now so anything is an improvement

Mildred
19-04-11, 09:46 PM
If you wanna see photos I can do it, despite the state of her she is my child, I love the heap of crap more than I'm sure is normal but bikes are a luxury and it's only recently I've been in a position again to start worrying about it!

silly_simon
19-04-11, 10:05 PM
Where is the bike then ? as it sounds as though you may need a new loom for starters :D Plus a fuse or two ;D

Don't mind helping if/when I can and I'm sure between meself and 470four we could sort bodge it back together

Mildred
19-04-11, 10:22 PM
Right now it's in frome, but as I'm moving next week to a place with no drive she's either gotta go to my folks nr Glastonbury or if I can sweet talk my boss she might be able to stay there, just outside Warminster.

Bodging works for me, ran her on nout but luck, enthusiasm and pure determination for the last year! If I don't do soething now it's gonna be too far gone and I physically hurts seeing the poor old bat all abused. My ignition should arrive back this week so I will know more then. Last time she was running my calipers were sticking and the pads have worn, but both of those I'm ok doing myself, I did however twist the throttle the other day and it didn't roll off, but that's possibly just having weathered poorly.

Regards the loom, on a naked bike where should it go? Right now mine is a pile of sh*tty electrical tape un lovingly wedged under my lights. It's Hella ugly- who ever did it needs a smack in the chops!

I accept all laughs at the bike, it's a bloody joke but I can't afford another one and Im too stubborn to give up!

spudgun
20-04-11, 05:28 AM
i have a nice seat unit and pipes for sale, used to have them on my blade fighter

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/spudgun_01/S7006445.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/spudgun_01/S7006444.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/spudgun_01/S7006473.jpg