since owning itsince november 2009 so far

head bearings shot
generator and reg rec blewup
ECU corrosion
headlight loom corrosion
speedo sensor failure

and now

head bearings again
and battery has packed up on my way to dorchester to meet up with guys on weymouth ride out

>:( losing the love for it now

battery is getting charge 14-14.5v but seems to lose its charge putting a meter across it u can literally see it draining , and thats not connected to the bike , so its nothing on the bike zapping juice away ............the bike runs fine when running but stopit and there is no go to start it, i rode 20miles to dorchester found a hilland stopped engine.....dead as a dodo so bumped it and made way home

annoying part is that battery is only a year old IF that!!

rant over

new battery guys?

Dan

Cemorah
24-04-11, 02:30 PM
If the battery is draining with no load then yes its had it. It may have been the cause of the reg/rec's demise
Is it stilll in warranty?
Head bearing should be fine for 10,000 miles plus if :
correctly installed and lubed checked for correct play regularly and not subjected to too many wheelies or stoppies. Are they shot or just out of adjustment?

NiteW4tcher
24-04-11, 03:26 PM
shot i have done abou 11k on them and tbh i do spend some time on back wheel so thats my own fault..i was just ranting about it all lol

as for the battery i replaced it after the reg/rec failed. i will have to check if its in warranty still.

Dabz
24-04-11, 04:35 PM
can't really complain about the head bearing then, sounds like it's not the bike's fault :P

out of interest, was it a decent battery or a cheapish one? Only I had issues last time I bought a cheap one off ebay and wondered if it's a pattern with getting what you pay for!

470four
24-04-11, 05:36 PM
Check if they have wrote a sold date on the battery? Will be good for one year if they have... ;)

Take it back if its within warrenty & tell them you want a new one...

NiteW4tcher
24-04-11, 05:41 PM
the battery was from my local suzuki dealer and as for the bearings no i blame me ;D iwill check to see the dates.....i expect it has the date purchased on my account with the dealer

470four
24-04-11, 05:47 PM
Cool!

Did you keep it charged over winter? Batteries will shut down if not regularly used/charged... ;)

NiteW4tcher
24-04-11, 06:13 PM
yeah was kept charged.....its been fine for months just packed up today

Jon_W
24-04-11, 06:52 PM
Wow!!

That sounds as bad as the Cub!!

Your battery has dropped a cell and is FUBAR. Hapened to me on the Sv. Got back from Poole, pulled into the local shop to get a paper and no stat when I returned.

Nowt you can do bar replace the battery.

Mark_Able
26-04-11, 08:47 PM
Trade in for a Honda... ;)

NiteW4tcher
27-04-11, 11:52 AM
i gave the battery a over night charge.....she firedup fine in morning and hasnt missed a beat since....done about 50miles yesterday and the battery still has a full charge and starts the bike fine........weird

470four
27-04-11, 12:46 PM
Did you take it off to charge it?