PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

bobf279
25-03-11, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to get my wheels cosmetically refurbished/painted/powder coated?

Scotty
25-03-11, 10:57 PM
Refurbished in which manner? Straightened? Dents removed? New Bearings? Merely cosmetic? :-?

Be specific! ::)

470four
26-03-11, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know of a good place to get my wheels cosmetically refurbished/painted/powder coated?

I have used with great success Azcoat out in Marsh Farm, Hilperton - did my last back wheel, shotblast and powdercoat for £35 I think?

This chap:
http://www.misterwhat.co.uk/company/582433-azcoat-metal-finishing-trowbridge
He doesnt usually work weekends but should be there Monday onwards etc... ;)

Toph
26-03-11, 08:26 AM
I'll second that Darren, Azcoat are really good, I work at Hiscock Engineers, in Trowbridge and we get all our painting and finishing done there, + Az (the guy who runs it) is the most friendly and helpful guy you could ever meet. He takes a real pride in his work, the finish is always superb.

Scotty
26-03-11, 03:53 PM
I just had my road bike wheels powder coated by CY Finishes in Newbury, necessary after having a ding removed from the rear wheel courtesy of a pothole thoughtfully left unrepaired on the B4192 Aldbourne Road by Swindon Borough Council last August - of course they deny any culpability, claiming to have inspected the road a mere 16 days prior to my hitting their pothole... Bollocks! >:( >:( I'm currently appealing against their denial of responsibility so I shan't write any more, but the wheels do look rather nice now I must say - no photos yet, but the bike will be on tomorrow's ride-out 8-)

RedSoul
27-03-11, 10:33 AM
I am currently having my BMW spoked wheels rebuilt by the "devon wheel company".
They are not cheap but are supposed to the best.

Squashed_Fly
29-03-11, 10:58 AM
I just spoke to Azcoat - £105 to powder coat both wheels, and coat & laquer the swingarm & pillion footpeg mounts. Can't argue with that...

470four
29-03-11, 01:39 PM
Indeed! Is a top finish too. :)

igbell
21-04-11, 02:53 PM
that sounds cool I will have to have a look at getting my VFR wheels done

jonneyflame
28-04-11, 06:13 PM
i had cbr wheels done in blandford, they sandblasted them then powder coated black £60 cash, did a really good job too