PDA

View Full Version : Help Urgently required

silly_simon
02-05-11, 04:42 PM
I recently bought my wife a Piaggio Zip 50 Cat scooter :D

After getting it all ready for her to ride (service) etc after she has ridden it to Trowbridge from Westbury and viceversa there is a strong burning smell and a greyish brown smoke comes from the exhaust :o :o After its been switched off :-/ :-/

The burning smell is i think the paint that some muppet (not me)painted on, burning off the exterior of the exhaust but what could the burning smoke from inside be ??

It is a 2000 X reg and apart from this small issue it seems fine and she is happy with it :)

If it needs a new zorzt then so be it but I'd appreciate any ideas, as my thoughts were that the cat had gone pete tong !!!

Cheers
Simon

whizz
02-05-11, 05:17 PM
mate send me a pm with your address n il pop ova take a look for you after work tuesday night ok :)

njl
02-05-11, 05:58 PM
I what could the burning smoke from inside be ??

Dead mouse crawled inside to die?

470four
02-05-11, 06:11 PM
Possible oil seal gone & exhaust filling with twostroke oil? Small mammals/children filling the exhaust with fluids/rodents?

Probably just needs a good long run, been stood etc.

Bring it on the next rideout... :D

Jon_W
02-05-11, 07:29 PM
Sounds like the paint burning off to me.

Other than that it could be excess oil in the silecner.

silly_simon
02-05-11, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the kind replies :)

*UPDATE*
I have taken it back out this evening for a thrashing *read 30ish mph* and come back and turned it off exactly like the mrs did and No smoke :) :)

So she has said we will leave it for now (Thanks Neil) and if she gets time tomorrow she will give it another run and see what happen's ;D

I just hope she doesn't get the bug to much ;) ;) otherwise I can see this getting expensive in our house :-?