PDA

View Full Version : help with lowering a yamaha ybr 125 please

Razor
21-06-11, 09:32 PM
can anyone recommend somebody to help lower a YBR125? How easier are they to lower? A friend is taking her test next week, must have shrunk over the weekend ;) and needs to get the bike lowered before doing her test. Help please. :-/

Mark_Able
22-06-11, 09:35 PM
You can gain a few mm by dropping the forks through the yolks by about 10mm (no more), and sticking the rear suspension on it's softest setting. Alternatively, ask Phoenix Motorcycles (01225 775171) what they can do.

Bornagain
22-06-11, 10:06 PM
Colin (Greenman) lowered my cr for me, [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] pm him

Scotty
22-06-11, 10:12 PM
Does the YBR have twin rear shocks? If so, the only way to lower that would be to fit shorter ones, aside from maximising the sag by winding off the preload all the way... How short is this girl anyway? :-?

470four
22-06-11, 11:00 PM
Get another seat, unclip the cover and cut the foam down, replace the cover.

Job done. Approx 2" drop & no suspension drama's.

jonnydangerous
23-06-11, 11:01 AM
id recommend the seat chop too....use an electric bread knife on the foam is the best way.

Kevinb
23-06-11, 12:40 PM
can anyone recommend somebody to help lower a YBR125? How easier are they to lower? A friend is taking her test next week, must have shrunk over the weekend ;) and needs to get the bike lowered before doing her test. Help please. :-/

Sit someone fat on it and that should lower it a bit. ;D
I am available for a small fee (Fish & Chips) which should lower it even further

Jon_W
23-06-11, 08:20 PM
Strap 100kg to the pillion seat!! That should lower it a bit!!! :D

Being serious, the cheapest way is to have the seat cut down. Failing that you will need shorter rear shocks and to pull the forks throughh the yokes. This is more costly and time consuming.

Mark_Able
23-06-11, 09:02 PM
Letting the air out the tyres will gain about 2 inches... [smiley=happy.gif]

Green Man
23-06-11, 09:26 PM
If you wont the seat cut down pm me [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
23-06-11, 09:45 PM
Green man did a fab job on lowering the seat on my bike.
Just that couple of extra inches has really put a smile on my face (hehe) and helped no end with my confidence.
I do wonder if Id had it done on my YBR whether I would have dropped it so many times lmao....but to be honest I was a bit daft then (well a bit dafter but not much) hehe

Green Man is the God of Seats hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Razor
24-06-11, 09:40 PM
thanks for all the advice, guys. went for softening springs and cutting foam out of seat in the end. worked a treat. :) :)