PDA

View Full Version : Fork setup

silly_simon
28-06-11, 07:56 PM
Anyone on here local to me any good with front suspension setup.

I have tried but but am unsure if I am following the handbook correctly :-[ Usually I wouldn't bother but I could do with firming the front up a little as it seems to dive a bit under braking :o

If someone can help me with this I would appreciate it as I think its the front end that is giving the lack of confidence I have been experiencing :(

whizz
28-06-11, 08:51 PM
Hey mate pm me n pop it round we see what we can do for u ! :)

silly_simon
29-06-11, 01:00 PM
PM sent buddy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
30-06-11, 08:28 AM
what condition is the tyre in??? if its worn or at the incorrect pressure that will make a lot more of a difference than the adjustment of the forks....

is it a touring compound? change to a sports touring, or a sports compound will make a hell of a difference.

silly_simon
30-06-11, 10:46 AM
Tyre is only a few months old JD ;) Pirelli Angel ST on front and rear, I think the fork oil is probably shot but Whiz is gonna have a quick look later and I will go from there :)

Mitch9128
30-06-11, 03:15 PM
Fazer thou is notorious for a squishy front end, new springs thicker oil perhaps?

silly_simon
30-06-11, 04:45 PM
Yup I do know about the misgivings of the fazer's suspenders but to be honest what I use it for it is more than capable :) Its just a little unnerving when the front dives and as a result it upsets the whole balance of the bike(to me anyway) :o

I usually run the back end stiffer anyway( coz i'm fat) and regularly carry a pillion, So in hindsight it maybe the rear gone and not the front, If this turns out to be the case then a fellow foccer will sort me out a replacement R6 shock (modification) which has,as I understand it a stiffer spring and better damping :)

Jon_W
04-07-11, 08:21 AM
I'd get a stiffer set of springs, sounds like the suspension stiffness is not balanced.