PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Rebuilding !

DC
27-07-11, 12:14 PM
Hi All,
Newbie here, I have a 2008 Triumph Bonneville from new. Over the last three years the chrome spokes on the front wheel have been subjected to serious pitting and removal of the plating in places and i would like to have the front wheel rebuilt with stainless spokes/nipples.As Im from Cornwall Im not sure whos who around these parts and would really appreciate a bit of help and advice in finding a reputable,quality wheel builder in or around the Wiltshire area.

cheers A

jaagsxr
27-07-11, 01:31 PM
Hi m8 I remember a couple of years back , the press reported some problems with some truimph wheels ?? But cannt remember which part !! Central wheels in brum are the national company that I can think of . But rebuilding a wheel is not that hard , and a set of spokes will set you back around fifty pounds but again central wheels will supply and build it for you :)

Mutt
27-07-11, 01:53 PM
M H Racing Services
Address: Allbany Farm, Lower Seagry
Nr Chippenham
Wiltshire
SN15 5EW
Telephone: 01249 721 001

DC
27-07-11, 04:04 PM
Thanks mutt 'n' jaa Ill check them out, yeah the problem triumph had with spoked wheels a few years ago was that the spokes under road pressure would puncture the tube , thankfully they've ironed those problems out !

cheers A

DC
27-07-11, 04:43 PM
Checked out M H Racing and he said he didnt really tackle wheelbuilding,wouldnt know where to get SS Spokes but said he would have a go if I was struggling to find someone locally ! Will check out tinternet but local knowledge and word of mouth is usually much more reliable.
cheers A

P.S has anyone got any stories or had any dealings with Matts of Bristol Ltd near fishponds

Mutt
28-07-11, 09:25 AM
Sorry about MH Racing, another one claiming to do something they don`t !
I had a look at there website and it says wheel building on there!!

Mark_Able
28-07-11, 09:46 PM
I'm sure Phil Stokes in Westbury would do a wheel rebuild... :-?

470four
28-07-11, 09:54 PM
Central Wheels all the way... did my 400/4 wheels with stainless spokes and alloy rims - top work! :) :)

Jon_W
29-07-11, 07:47 AM
Phone up Bike aid and ask for Andy Rowett. He will probably know a wheel builder as he is heavily into classic bikes.

Blackandchrome
29-07-11, 02:34 PM
I took my wheels to Hagon: outskirts of London.
I arranged for a sameday service (at extra cost of course!).
Droppedthe wheels off in the morning, spent the day in 'town' and collected the wheels in the evening.
A really top job done too. :)
I drove the wheels down in the car having stripped them down. I can recommend Hagon, but it is a trip to London :-/

alanTDM
29-07-11, 03:27 PM
Try these nr Melksham http://www.wheeler-motorcycle-services.com/contactus.htm