PDA

View Full Version : bike behaving odd

NiteW4tcher
30-07-11, 11:16 AM
ok k6 gsxr 750

27k on clocks and i know the valve clearances need to be done (which im getting done asap)

would the cleanances if out enough cause symptons ...

at low speed escpecially around town the throttle response is shocking. jerky to say the least

if u back off the throttle slightly the whole bike lurches it doesnt reduce the power by a small amount nice and smooth it seem to nearly cut the power totally,,, and then back on.

so i have to click it up a gear but then it sounds like its running on 3 cyl......very strange sounding

27k and its had services every 5k.....gonna whip the plugs out and check them see if everythign is burning ok

all advice welcomed

many thanks

Dan

silly_simon
31-07-11, 05:18 PM
Get the valve clearance done and balance the throttle bodies once you know the plugs etc are good :)

wiggy
31-07-11, 07:42 PM
Yep id go with valves and a balance duno if its a dealer job on that or not . :)

wiggy
31-07-11, 07:45 PM
just looked at the manual for the 2000-2003 model ,the fuel injection is so complicated give me flat sides any day . :-/

Rabb
31-07-11, 11:34 PM
They are complicated and quite fiddly on a bike.
I'm so glad to have an older bike (carbs).
Rabb.

Jon_W
01-08-11, 07:43 AM
Could be many things. As above, get the clearances done and you'll have eliminated the obvious. If you are going to a dealer, get them to run a diagnostic check on the bike.

Other things to look at are the air filter, mass flow sensor, air temperature sensor and a good 'ole vacuum leak.

jonnydangerous
01-08-11, 08:01 AM
and a look at the pins on the CDI.......
iy might be a tight valve being held open and leaking, more likely to be an inlet.
does it start ok?

NiteW4tcher
03-08-11, 10:31 PM
yeah starts on button JD no trouble there. spoke to my mechanic and he is 90% sure vavle and throttle body balancing