PDA

View Full Version : anyone here done tappets on a gpz 500s ?

wiggy
19-07-11, 10:09 AM
hi was wondering if anyone here had done the tappets on a gpz 500s ,as mine rattle alot ,i know its not a quiet engine at the best of times but does sound quite loud now,was hoping someone with a little more knolage of this engine could help . :)

simongpz
19-07-11, 04:33 PM
ive done the ones on mine before thay are some bits that need removing to got good access to them petrol tank needs to come off depending on year of bike the left ignition coil needs to come off to get clearance to get rocker cover off coolent needs to be drained to remove top coolent hoses to get rocker cover off and the two oil feed pipes in the head need to be unbolted to get good clearance for the valve adjusters and the two plastic covers on the generater caseing need removing when turning the engine witha socket on the crackshaft bolt remenber the engine turns in a clockwise direction hope this helps :)

wiggy
19-07-11, 05:14 PM
Cheers Simon thats a great help ,many thanks for that ,if i get stuck could you come and help me ? . :)

simongpz
19-07-11, 05:43 PM
i would be happy to help but im going on holiday for a week if you can wait till i get back ill be happy to come and help you :)

wiggy
19-07-11, 10:39 PM
Thanks Simon that would be great ,many thanks .hope you have a nice time away . :)

wiggy
21-07-11, 07:38 PM
Done them ,and serviced .Easy when you have the manual lol . :)

Scotty
25-07-11, 01:15 PM
RTFM can answer many of the questions on this board... ;)

Jon_W
25-07-11, 01:16 PM
RTFM can answer many of the questions on this board... ;)

Oh so true!!! ;D

wiggy
25-07-11, 07:22 PM
[quote author=Scotty link=1311066564/6#6 date=1311596151]RTFM can answer many of the questions on this board... ;)[/quote
Yes read a manual i didnt have at the time i asked for help . :)

simongpz
31-07-11, 08:56 PM
happy you got your valves sorted would have come and gave you a hand if not been away for the week only got back today
havent even had time to pick my bike up from a friend who was looking after it for me

wiggy
31-07-11, 11:08 PM
Cheers Simon once i found and download a manual it was easy , many thanks for the offer of help .Hope you had a great holiday im going to the H/C on wednesday if you can make it il shout you a smelly burger lol .Ohh i have upped my front tyre to a 140/70/17 zr dunlop from Jaydee , and im upping th rear to a 140/70.17 or 150/70/17 zr if he gets any in , my conti is wareing quite fast but grips well wet or dry .Anyway hope to see you soon . ;)

simongpz
02-08-11, 05:37 PM
Cheers Simon once i found and download a manual it was easy , many thanks for the offer of help .Hope you had a great holiday im going to the H/C on wednesday if you can make it il shout you a smelly burger lol .Ohh i have upped my front tyre to a 140/70/17 zr dunlop from Jaydee , and im upping th rear to a 140/70.17 or 150/70/17 zr if he gets any in , my conti is wareing quite fast but grips well wet or dry .Anyway hope to see you soon . ;)
not sure if i can make it to the h&c this week havent had time to get bike back for mot retest yet and one of the dogs is going to the vet tomorrow to make sure she cant have puppys so dont know what time she will need collecting i will be there next week i see you then if your there

SueZX4
04-08-11, 07:36 PM
The big re-test day... Friday at 2pm... anyone know of an assasin to take out the mot bloke if he fails it again? more to the point, anyone ever heard of "Kellaway Motorcycles"? the causers of the biggest mot failures after work they've done and potential accidents going? They failed the GPZ last year, did the repair work and failed to tighten up bolts on the rear suspension, also put a lock-nut on backwards also on the rear suspension, causing the damage that has failed it this year.... not that we hold any grudges of course! Mot bloke this year "Can't comment because he knows them" - or maybe their reputation..... ;D

wiggy
04-08-11, 09:53 PM
Bridge garage shrewton is the place to go top blokes there . ;)And id never go back to a place that did that sort of stuff , once bitten twice shy , plenty of legit places to get the old mot done .anyway think on for next time , bridge at shrewton ,arrange it when im not at work i can pick you up n have a brew untill its ready to collect drama free day .