PDA

View Full Version : flash player woes (update)

Toph
23-08-11, 06:59 PM
Here's one for you IT techies.. when I'm on a website that requires a flashplayer (moto gp, bbc f1 etc) and I try to watch a video or media, a box appears at the top of the page informing me that the website requires a flashplayer and if I trust it, as an add on, I can run adobe flashplayer , so I click the adobe flash player "run " box.
getting fed up with having to do this all the time, I decided to download Adobe flashplayer. I went through the procedure, downloaded it, at the end it told me that the download was successful, but when I run the videos, the same activex box appears and there's no sign of adobe flashplayer on my computer. >:(
HELP!!! :-[

Squashed_Fly
23-08-11, 08:54 PM
What browser are you using Toph?

I run firefox and it's really good. Google Chrome is also supposed to be pretty good as well

Loops
23-08-11, 09:23 PM
Sounds like Internet Explorer, throwing up the notification bar.

You should have an option somewhere in a menu to turn off the blocking and allow it always, but I've not used IE in years since I swapped to Firefox and can't remember how!

Toph
23-08-11, 09:56 PM
What browser are you using Toph?

I run firefox and it's really good. Google Chrome is also supposed to be pretty good as well
Im using IE, it seems like something is blocking it, but when I go into add or remove programs it appears as flashplayer 10 activeX , all the other programs on the list have the gb size, this one doesn't

Loops
23-08-11, 10:58 PM
Toph, go into Tools > Internet Options > Security

It's probably set to Medium-high and will be prompting you before downloading certain items. Click 'Custom level' and you can change the settings for ActiveX items. Just watch out as some of them can contain nasties so set the minimum you can to enable until it works. :)

Uber Dave
29-08-11, 01:20 PM
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It should download it as a normal program installer to your computer. Run it, let it download and install, restart your computer (even though it wont say you need to) and then see where you get from there.

Toph
29-08-11, 08:29 PM
Ive tried that several times Dave, It downloads, says the installation was successful, I reboot my comp and it disappears. :(

Loops
29-08-11, 08:38 PM
Toph, have you tried looking in your settings as I said above?

I owe you a favour for fixing my kickstart, I can pop over this week if you're not sure what to do yourself?