PDA

View Full Version : Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks

Dex
21-08-11, 08:54 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm on leave for the next couple of weeks (waiting to find out if I'm being made redundant) so have a bit of spare time on my hands.

Rather than sit around in my pants all day, watching poor quality daytime TV I thought it might be a bit better to do something productive.

I've got a little workshop setup in my garage in Swindon (Windsor Gate- Near Priory Vale, Opposite big Asda Walmart)

So what I'm saying is... If you are having niggles with your bike, or you want to do a bit of work on it (servicing brakes, fitting pads, oil change, tracking down problems, all sorts really) then give me a shout. To be honest I'm looking for something to take my mind off the redundancy thing, since there's nothing I can do about it until Sep 1st when I hear the results.

If there's anyone who is at all new to biking and just wants to go through "daily checks and routine jobs" like adjusting chain and the like then I'm more than happy to do that too.

Squashed_Fly
21-08-11, 09:18 PM
Dex - Loose Women & Jeremy Kyle are the way forwards! ;D

Come to think of it, most of the women on JK are Loose Women! ;)

NiteW4tcher
21-08-11, 10:01 PM
awsome offer m8 8-)

Dex
21-08-11, 10:38 PM
I'm desperately hoping I don't end up watching Jeremy Kyle, or you'll find me swinging in the garage...

I guess I should also say I can pack a lot of my tools onto the bike and head out and about if need be (especially if someone has a non-runner or any other problems that stop them bringing the bike to me for us to tinker with)

If anyone needs a bit of reassurance that I've got a reasonable idea what I'm doing then Paleblue is probably the guy to talk to - as I did rather a lot of work on his bike (when it was my bike) and it's not all fallen apart just yet. I did also spend a happy weekend fault finding on his wife's bandit when it was causing issues.

Ryan
21-08-11, 10:52 PM
Thats a very kind offer, i imagine there will be some on here that will take you up on that.. ;)

Dex
21-08-11, 10:59 PM
I'd hope so - otherwise I'll just get bored and cause trouble :-[

Ryan
21-08-11, 11:21 PM
like i was last week, was off work all week, so bloody bored i was tarring my hair out, off all this week to :\

Rossio
22-08-11, 01:08 PM
shame you only have two weeks lol, if you were to set about tinkering on my bike ud need two years!! ;D ;D ;D

Dex
22-08-11, 11:32 PM
What does it need?

(SF - got your message, will drop you a text tomorrow)

wiggy
22-08-11, 11:45 PM
You own a bike and your bored,how and why , if i hadnt done all my odd jobs in my 16 year old gpz id been happy to let you sort it but iv done everything now but many thanks for the offer . ;)

Dex
25-08-11, 04:36 PM
I could spend the whole of my two weeks off riding the bike around to avoid the boredom....

But I did that last month, and I don't earn enough to keep paying for the petrol!

Rossio
25-08-11, 05:47 PM
you could take my mrs shopping!save me having to do it ;D

Squashed_Fly
25-08-11, 08:17 PM
you could take my mrs shopping!save me having to do it ;D

+1 ;D

Dex
27-08-11, 12:46 AM
Hands up everyone who wants me to take their missus shopping.....

StreetHippo
31-08-11, 02:17 PM
Couldn't do it to you fella! ;D
Hope you get the result you want on the 1st, might need my bike moving in a couple of weeks (I'll still be on sticks, 4 weeks to go!).
Stu

Rabb
31-08-11, 10:29 PM
I know what you're going through on the job situation.
I have been in the same boat on four occasions during my working life however, I have always found another open door!
I hope all goes well for you.....

Dex
01-09-11, 02:19 AM
Well I find out today what the result is....

Not a position I've been in before - sane job for the last 14 years, so the idea of having to work for a living is all new! But who knows, they might decide they can't possibly live without me and would be fools to let me go.

Rossio
01-09-11, 05:45 AM
fingers crossed mate, hope the outcome is good news!

Rabb
01-09-11, 07:30 PM
fingers crossed mate, hope the outcome is good news!

Very much + 1

Dex
01-09-11, 11:50 PM
Ah the joy of the military and it's way of doing things....

The RAF made around 900 people redundant today.

It had 650 people apply for redundancy, of which it chose 410 to make redundant.

so 1/3 of those who applied for redundancy are staying in.

1/2 of those being made redundant didn't want it!

Genius.

I got a letter to say I am not being released from service under the current redundancy trawl - which is either a way of saying I'm too good for them to lose, or I'm crap but there's others who are more crap ;D

Rabb
05-09-11, 09:13 PM
Pleased to hear your good news - it's really tough out there at the moment.

Splash
06-09-11, 01:38 PM
Congratz!

The time you would of used looking for the new job you can now use to go on a ride out to celebrate ;)