PDA

View Full Version : loose subframe

NiteW4tcher
11-09-11, 12:12 PM
weird one

just put my bike up on stands for a general check over and clean.

i noticed a subframe bolt missing. i grabed the back end and i could move the whole thing up and down. the 3 remaining bolts were loose......i have now tighteded them up and its solid again and i am seeing about getting a new bolt.

i have limited mechanical know how.......but surely the sub frame shudnt just come loose?? also would this cause my front end feeback wobble feeling?

cheers

Dan

NoYou
11-09-11, 06:09 PM
weird one

just put my bike up on stands for a general check over and clean.

i noticed a subframe bolt missing. i grabed the back end and i could move the whole thing up and down. the 3 remaining bolts were loose......i have now tighteded them up and its solid again and i am seeing about getting a new bolt.

i have limited mechanical know how.......but surely the sub frame shudnt just come loose?? also would this cause my front end feeback wobble feeling?

cheers

Dan
GoGo! Lock washers! The vibration of the bike will slowly work pretty much anything loose over time and if they've been removed at some point and not tightened up properly then it'll happen all the faster, wouldn't have thought it'd have that much effect on the feel of the bike at the sort of speeds you'll be doing on the roads though tbh, depends how loose it was :3 easy way to know is to go and ride it and find out :D :D

470four
11-09-11, 06:31 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCTITE-243-Lock-n-Seal-NUTLOCK-stud-bolt-nut-Threads-/290603810680?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43a956 3f78#ht_1235wt_905

Loctite blue.

A "threadlock", it will gum the threads up and stop any more treated bolts / nuts from shaking loose, bits falling off etc?

Be glad you dont have a Doocat or other big twin, it shakes most things loose, lol :D :D :D

NiteW4tcher
11-09-11, 06:42 PM
i took it for ride and it does seem better there is still slight weird sensation but not as bad by far

NoYou
11-09-11, 07:17 PM
i took it for ride and it does seem better there is still slight weird sensation but not as bad by far
i take it you've checked the front wheel nut torque? ;D ;D