PDA

View Full Version : KD confusion!

NoYou
03-09-11, 07:35 PM
I know i'm probably going to be slated for this by a certain somebody but hey ho!
I finally got my bike running agin this weekend and went out for a blast today and i came across a roundabout that had just been resurfaced, thought i'd spend a bit of time on it getting rid of my chicken strips! well the right hand chicken strip at least... at this point getting my knee down wasn't the aim, i've never been hugely fussed about it tbh.
I spent about 5 mins going round going further and further and then pulled over to see how far i had left on the tyre and was a lil bit under 2mm from the edge which was less than i was expecting to get it down to when i started so i was pretty happy!
Then the inevitable thought came... "well if i that far over i must be in KD territory!" so i thought i'd give it a go! Set off again but this time shifted myself off the bike, ball of my foot on the end of the peg and started lapping again after probably the second lap i felt my toe dragging along the floor which was a bit unexpected, however no matter what i tried how i moved myself about on the bike i couldn't transfer the toe down to a knee down!
I know i should go to a track and learn how to ride properly and i will do at some point in the future but at the moment i can't take time off work to get to one, so...
I'm a lil bit baffled by it tbh, i can't see me needing to lean the bike further so assume it my body position i know it'll be hard to say anything without pics etc. but just wondered if the people in the know had any ideas/hints, I was never bothered about it but now i've tried and failed its annoying me :D

470four
04-09-11, 09:15 AM
You have PM. :)

NoYou
04-09-11, 10:16 AM
Spot on ;) thanks

NoYou
14-09-11, 08:07 PM
This is just silly now! After a few bits of advice from different people and trying everything, all i've succeeded in doing is destroying my toe sliders and progressing to having my peg down as well as my toe! ./RAGE!!! Don't get me wrong its nice to have gotten my peg down but the knee is still evading me!
Anybody fancy coming and playing on some roundabouts at some point? >_< just frustrating me now!

Mark_Able
14-09-11, 08:19 PM
You ain't 'anging off enough. Try getting the seat under your left thigh and try again. If yer arse is anywhere near the seat, it ain't gonna 'appen.

Sorry, just been listening to Chas 'n' Dave... [smiley=happy.gif]

NoYou
14-09-11, 08:22 PM
Right'O, may have to wait til i get my seat recovered in something less slippery, think i'd slide off if i got my ass off the seat any more :D :D

jonnydangerous
15-09-11, 08:17 AM
"clean" the seat with a VERY small amount of cellulose paint thinners (or nail varnish cleaner if you want to admit on a bike website that u use nail varnish)...
it actually takes off the top layer of the PVC coating and leaves a grippy seat.....BUT watch out, if you go too much youll feck your seat cover........