PDA

View Full Version : Re-sleeving an Akropovic.

Mark_Able
16-09-11, 12:36 PM
Having had my original exhaust bugger itself, and not really having the money to buy a new can, is there anyone out there that can re-sleeve my titanium Akropovic? It's a bit scuffed, but fine other than that. :-?

jonnydangerous
16-09-11, 03:20 PM
yup.......eeeeeeasy :-)

drill out the rivets, (4.8mm drill bit normally) then curse and swear at the thing for about two hours as you see-saw the ends out (they will probably be stuck in with a heat resistand silicon sealant (ive got some)).
it would be good to repack the exhaust at the same time (ive got some packing)....

then assembly is a reverse of the dissassembly, and squish some new rivets in and dahdah neeeeew shiney titaniumy sleevey akra :-)

or bring it to tidworth and il do it for you.... :-)

470four
16-09-11, 08:05 PM
http://www.pjengineering.co.uk/

TOP sexee exhaust parts...

Nom

Nom

NOM :D

NoYou
16-09-11, 08:15 PM
http://www.pjengineering.co.uk/

TOP sexee exhaust parts...

Nom

Nom

NOM :D
nomilicious!

Mark_Able
16-09-11, 09:07 PM
yup.......eeeeeeasy :-)

drill out the rivets, (4.8mm drill bit normally) then curse and swear at the thing for about two hours as you see-saw the ends out (they will probably be stuck in with a heat resistand silicon sealant (ive got some)).
it would be good to repack the exhaust at the same time (ive got some packing)....

then assembly is a reverse of the dissassembly, and squish some new rivets in and dahdah neeeeew shiney titaniumy sleevey akra :-)

or bring it to tidworth and il do it for you.... :-)

Where do you get the sleeves from? And where in Tidworth... :)

470four
17-09-11, 12:30 PM
I would go for a sleeve from the above exhaust place?

Akrapovic decals are avaliable on eBay, etc... ;)

Mark_Able
17-09-11, 02:54 PM
I would go for a sleeve from the above exhaust place?

Akrapovic decals are avaliable on eBay, etc... ;)

Yeah, just looked at that site. Should've looked before posting... ::)

470four
17-09-11, 04:18 PM
Hand-paint it with some black Hammerite and put some Performance Bikes stickers on it for that Ghetto look. 8-) :D