PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for servicing near Andover?

mcvicar
01-10-11, 09:34 PM
Hey folks,

I recently passed my test and have purchased a XJ900 Divy, which is a cracking bike.
Not being the most mechanically minded of blokes I am looking for someone to service my bike, as much to provide a confidence check of the machine as changing the oil etc.
I also need a couple of bolts and a screw removing as they are beyond my limited means! Frankly I am afraid of doing more harm than good with my ham fisted attempts at things.

I have been quoted £110 + VAT for a basic service by Pro-Bike of Newbury but am unsure it this is a good price, and would also like to find an independent garage a little nearer to home (Ludgershall), so, any recommendations?

wiltsdan
01-10-11, 09:45 PM
Get a haynes manual and have a go yourself, good way to bond with your bike.
Oh , and don't be scared :)

silly_simon
02-10-11, 10:19 AM
Bridge garage in Shrewton, well I think thats what they are called :) Its the only garage in Shrewton and a mate of mine used them all the time. and highly recommended them for service and biker friendliness [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
05-10-11, 09:04 PM
£110+VAT is a fair price, but ProBike aren't anywhere near as good as they used to be, we've had bikes back from them with obvious stuff missed or done wrong.

Newbury Motorcycles are good.... if you can actually get hold of them and book in.

Two Brothers Motorcycles in Andover can be really good, depends if you get Glyn or Welly doing the work, Glyn's the better mechanic, Welly is a top painter but not so good with a spanner apparently (according to a mutual friend we have).

I've heard a lot of good things about Bridge in Shrewton, only had the odd MoT done there personally though.

If it's just oil, plugs and filters you want changing I'm happy to do that, but I'm in Newbury, so further away again.

mcvicar
06-10-11, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am booked in with Pro-Bike for Friday morning so will see how they get on.

I may well book you for a valet job though, looks like good work from your site!