PDA

View Full Version : alarm removal

NiteW4tcher
15-10-11, 03:49 PM
i need to remove the alarm for the stripping of my bike....i dont want it on there anyway as its been going wrong for months...the way they have wired it in means i cannot split the sub frame away atm because its hardwired into the loom and is threaded through a small gap in tail frame....

can i just cut the damn thing off at back of alarm for the time being and then when it gets put back together sort the wiring out?

i hate electrics ;D

cheers

Dan

silly_simon
15-10-11, 04:33 PM
Depends what alarm it is :o

I removed a Datatool one from a FZ6 last year, it really didn't take that long, I just followed each wire in turn and removed them all rejoining any spliced wires as I went :)

NiteW4tcher
15-10-11, 04:38 PM
its a acumen........hmmmm if its a case of just following the wires back and splicing the said wire back together may give it a go ....worst case new loom LOL

Jon_W
15-10-11, 05:45 PM
If it's a aftermarket one you can do this. A guy at work did this (bear in mind he is a doctor of electronics) and it took him two hours to find all the wires.... they were well hidden!!!

NiteW4tcher
15-10-11, 05:48 PM
yeah its after market one.... i can literally follow the bunch of wires from alarm to the loom its all in plain sight. may give go tomorrow

Wes
16-10-11, 01:27 PM
yes, shouldnt be too bad, you need to set out a bit of time to do it properly, i removed a immmobiliser which was giving me grief, i bought some bullet connectors with heatshrink already on them, so i could remake the connections properly. You can get these on the bay if you need them :)

NiteW4tcher
16-10-11, 01:48 PM
yes, shouldnt be too bad, you need to set out a bit of time to do it properly, i removed a immmobiliser which was giving me grief, i bought some bullet connectors with heatshrink already on them, so i could remake the connections properly. You can get these on the bay if you need them :)

cheers :)

jonnydangerous
19-10-11, 11:22 AM
is that the alarm that i said we should remove about a year ago ;-)
bring me the wiring loom and we can do it at mine (i have solder and heat shrink) and i owe you a certain ammount.... ;-)