PDA

View Full Version : Oil for a track bike.

R6_Don
24-12-11, 11:19 AM
Hi there

Should I use different oil if my bike is only used on the track? The standard oil is 10/40 so after any advice on what type of oil and what grade to buy. Thanks Don

Scotty
24-12-11, 11:29 AM
Don, there's a chap who posts on SWB who offers discounts on oils and other stuff, follow this link (http://www.southwestbikers.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91681) to his most recent post. I went in with a mate of mine last year to do a bulk purchase deal from the Opie chap, we got 40lt of Silkolene semi-synthetic each and it works out at £3.55/lt - it's worth changing it regularly on a trackbike as it gets a harder time than a road bike does, and having loads of it to hand makes that easier :) You could see if anyone else wants to go halves (or thirds etc.) on a deal with him.

You'll be fine with using 10/40, either semi or fully synthetic - as the bike's not very new, semi-synth would probably suffice.

When do you want to collect your manual? :-?

R6_Don
24-12-11, 11:47 AM
Cheers Scotty, I need to collect it soon as I will be putting the bike back together over Xmas. Are you about after boxing day?

Scotty
24-12-11, 12:05 PM
Yes Don, I'll be around then, drop me a text when you're free to come and get it :)