PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak on 04 R6

R6_Don
17-02-12, 03:32 PM
Hello

I'm after a bit of advice after finding my bike has an oil leak
After giving the bike a good clean up over the winter I found when I removed the belly pan that it was stained with oil. I have serviced the bike over the winter and have cleaned it all up to see if I can find the leak. It looks to be coming from a repair that has been done on the enging block. It has been repaired as the guy before me had a chain snap and damage the block. It looks like it has been repaired with some chemical weld. The leak is only enough to make 1 droplet a week on the bottom of the engine and im unsure what to do about fixing it. Can I put more chemical weld over the existing weld? Or shall I just make sure I keep the oil level correct and not worry about such a small loss?
Thanks Don

Wes
17-02-12, 07:26 PM
Hi mate, i suppose you could always take it to a garage for a professional opinion, there are oil treatments available which can stop small leaks, but i think these are more aimed at gasket seals, but could be worth a try as they only cost around £7. The main thing to consider is, as are you happy enough its not going to develop into something more serious whilst out riding, cheers wes.

Jon_W
19-02-12, 07:37 PM
Depending on the leak and the exact position, I would either leave it, get it welded of replace the casting. Don't bother with oil addatives.

Go with the brit bike theory.... worry when it stops leaking!!!! ;D

Red Zed 1
23-02-12, 12:59 PM

Go with the brit bike theory.... worry when it stops leaking!!!! ;D[/quote]
yeah...no more oil left.. :) :)