PDA

View Full Version : Indicator buzzers

Swanny
22-02-12, 01:05 PM
I have the very bad habit of sometimes leaving my indicators on which as you know is not a good idea. So I just bought a indicator buzzer from ebay for £4 Item number: 140708059889

But looking further I found this

http://home.btconnect.com/astro-site/buzzer.jpg

http://home.btconnect.com/astro-site/indicator_light_buzzer.htm

So if you can be bothered you can make your own for £1.15 :)

Nelly
22-02-12, 05:52 PM
I got some on the blackbird. They do get really annoying! ;D ;D ;D

Toph
22-02-12, 05:58 PM
I used to leave my indicators on when I rode the Aprilia before my test, I fitted some buzzers and it cured me!! :) :)
I too couldn't stand the noise they made, and also 'twas embarrassing!! ;D ;D so I switched off the indicators as soon as poss ! :)

Swanny
22-02-12, 06:20 PM
Yea there is the embarrassment factor ;D

goz1960
22-02-12, 08:51 PM
How much did it coast from ebay and how hard does it look to fit?.

Swanny
23-02-12, 10:22 AM
£4 from ebay Item number: 140708059889

3 wires
One on each indicator side and one to earth

The problem is, as you know motorcycle indicators do not cancel themselves like cars.

THE ANSWER

Fit a 75dB audible warning buzzer, these are fitted in 10 mins, they need no drilling to fix they have double sided tape to stick to your bike, but if you would rather fix with self tapper screws you can as there are two pre drilled holes.

To fit this item could not be more simple, fix one red wire to the + side of left indicator the other red wire to the + of right one, and the black to earth, with scotch connectors or soldered and the job is done. When fitted, and your indicators flash you will hear an audible sound that can be heard above the engine noise, depending where you have mounted the buzzer. The best place to locate these is near your speedo.

Snowy
23-02-12, 10:28 AM

3 wires

The problem is, as you know motorcycle indicators do not cancel themselves like cars.

THE ANSWER

Fit a 75dB audible warning buzzer, these are fitted in 10 mins, they need no drilling to fix they have double sided tape to stick to your bike, but if you would rather fix with self tapper screws you can as there are two pre drilled holes.

To fit this item could not be more simple, fix one red wire to the + side of left indicator the other red wire to the + of right one, and the black to earth, with scotch connectors or soldered and the job is done. When fitted, and your indicators flash you will hear an audible sound that can be heard above the engine noise, depending where you have mounted the buzzer. The best place to locate these is near your speedo.

I have self cancelling on both of my bikes as standard. They vary the time according to both distance and speed plus on one bike I can adjust the delay to be longer or shorter as a separate setting albeit via a dealers computer :)

Swanny
23-02-12, 02:38 PM
Blimey that was quick they came this morning :)
Will fit them at the weekend

redken1
23-02-12, 07:12 PM

3 wires

THE ANSWER

I have self cancelling on both of my bikes as standard. They vary the time according to both distance and speed plus on one bike I can adjust the delay to be longer or shorter as a separate setting albeit via a dealers computer :)

Posh BMW riders ::) ;D ;D ;D

Rooter
09-03-12, 02:55 PM
Or there is Blinker Buddy (I kid you not) from the states. The seat vibrates when you signal!

Got this fitted to the Valkyrie and its highly effective. The vibrations were a bit powerful so I've had to move it to the rear seat to avoid feeling like I've been rogered by the entire welsh rugby team :o after every ride. It really was quite alarming at first...

Strangely the wife seems keener to go out now. Very odd. I don;t get it. :-? :-?