PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha yzf 600r need alarm removed!!!!

capt762
03-05-12, 06:25 PM
Hi guys!
In need of some serious help asap! My Thundercat has been playing up for months now to where i've had the voltage regulator changed,battery changed due to it going flat and now after replacing a blown fuse today which imobilised the bike the wireing connected towards the alarm started to burn out? So who knows the best person for the job without getting ripped off at silly prices?
Thanks!!!

bobtheimp
03-05-12, 09:00 PM
I've removed a few Datatool alarm/immobilisers over the years - it's usually the first thing I rip out of any bike I buy ... I bloody hate alarms, more trouble than they're worth :(

We charge £30+VAT an hour, if that helps and are in Calne ..

Should be a couple of hours or so to remove, depending on how it's been installed - just need to trace the wires and resolder the original connections together - sometimes it's easier and quicker to just replace the whole loom though.

Mitch9128
04-05-12, 09:40 AM
I had a Datatool Evo on my old 9r, it took 5 mins to de-install. Just trace all the wires out from the master unit and cut/tape the solders, job jobbed.

It's in my shed in a carrier bag if anyone wants it.

Dan505
04-05-12, 10:15 AM
It's in my shed in a carrier bag if anyone wants it.

excuse the Hijack....How much Mitch?

Mitch9128
04-05-12, 06:38 PM
Free to collect, just had a look and it's all there, 2 fobs, the main unit and all the wiring. No idea how to wire it, as all the wires are black, there's a movement sensor as well. BTW it's a Datatool Veto, not an evo.

Dan505
04-05-12, 11:34 PM
nice one Mitch [smiley=thumbsup.gif] you go to H&C?

db
06-05-12, 07:32 PM
If you can get over to swindon,i can remove it ;D