PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong brake discs, any good?

Nelson
20-08-12, 05:37 PM
Hi,
I'm looking to carry out a fork, caliper and disc upgrade to my bike.
The OEM brembo discs are a bit over budget... :'(

I'm considering some Armstrong discs.

Any feedback, good or bad?

Cheers

Mitch9128
20-08-12, 07:03 PM
Blackshadow is what you want.

Nelson
20-08-12, 08:53 PM
Blackshadow is what you want.

Don't do the correct off - set I need :(

Thorkill_The_Tall
20-08-12, 09:38 PM
Armstrongs are very good.
Not got them myself as they don't do my fitment, but those I know who have them are quite happy.

Lightning Services (http://www.motorcyclesbath.co.uk/#/contact/4545260634) over at Hilperton are suppliers.

jonneyflame
22-08-12, 05:32 PM
i got some off flee bay for my GFs SV650, (the wavy ones) not that good really but did the job at an ok price, bike treds in swindon said they were rubbish at the last MOT though. there currently sitting on the floor in my shed lol

Nelson
23-08-12, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't believe the MOT tester at Biketreads if he told me he had a hole in his arse!

vinny
24-08-12, 10:02 AM
armstrong are ok and look pretty to like a lot of things its also how you look after them. did have a guy with a rear disc said it was crap and didnt last and chewed his pads up, did mention its how you look after parts how long they will last , he said you dont need to look after a disc not like you need to clean it etc, then saw his bike the rear caliper was a mess looked like never had a clean in its life looked the rear brake was on all the time, hence why chewing up pads

also theres pfm bit cheaper than brembo and a high spec whats your requirements for them or what do you need them to fit

Nelson
24-08-12, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
I think I've found a way of spacing my brembos out to compensate for the additional off-set required for a grand total of £20.
Result...!!! ;D