PDA

View Full Version : Quick shifter

Bigbilko
14-11-12, 05:54 PM
Hey all, I've been offered a quick shifter for my aprilia rsvr 1000 factory. Has anyone ever used or experience of one. Is it totally impossible to use on the roads on odd ocassions or can it be override to get and from a track day ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Wes
14-11-12, 09:43 PM
Either can be used at any time mate, the quickshifter is a fantastic bit of kit, once fitted you will still be able to change gear using the clutch as normal :)

Gooz
14-11-12, 10:03 PM
Quick shifter for an aprillia........... AA express recovery :)

Bigbilko
14-11-12, 10:05 PM
Cool, wanted to make sure I've since found some literature that says the same. I didn't want to have to take it off or disable it when not on the track. It's an early Christmas for me !! Ill let you know once I've fitted it !

Bigbilko
15-11-12, 04:21 PM
Gooz, why ?

Gooz
15-11-12, 07:32 PM
Ask stuntsunlimited pmsl he is a living testament to their utmost 100% reliability :) be gentle with him though he is still smarting from the last bill :)

Bigbilko
15-11-12, 08:07 PM
I've meet stunts unlimited and his probs boil down to battery never on charge running several alarms living outdoors. I've owned my RSVR for 8 years and had no issues at all. Im asking about the practically of a quick shifter in road use :)