PDA

View Full Version : Rear light

Fifty
17-11-12, 09:45 PM
Hello guys and girls. I'm Dean and new to this site. I've done the intro thing. Now i've recently fitted a new R&G tail tidy after losing the other one on the A303...somewhere :(. So with new micro's, number plate, tail tidy and rear light...its the rear light thats making my teeth itch. Its not working and there is no reason why it should not! I could really do with some whizz kid info please...its killing me. I may even supply you with a brew, bacon butty and line your pockets. I'm new to the Shire...Melksham....and know no-one. PM me if you can please?

NiteW4tcher
18-11-12, 10:22 AM
hey

what bike is it?

Dan

Fifty
18-11-12, 12:24 PM
Zx6r p7f

Fifty
18-11-12, 04:13 PM
Under the seat of the P7F is where all the light cables muster in male/female connectors. Now the instructions say to cut the OEM connector... :-[ I'm alittle hesitant to do this. Is this what it means to chop the male/ female blocks out totally? Is this what I have to do, is this where i've gone wrong? Is this where my problem is? Then i'd have to re-use some of that old wire to connect through to the new rear light/ brake light? as R&G do not supply masses of wire! :-/

Gooz
18-11-12, 05:43 PM
I wouldnt cut anything, use a scotchblock connector till your 100% they connect without breaking wires, if you can wait till tomorrow I can pop over with some :)

Fifty
18-11-12, 07:34 PM
Gooz, you're on. I'll PM you...you are a legend. :D

Fifty
18-11-12, 07:35 PM
Also, any of you. I'm on your Shire Bikers facebook thing so feel free to add me and enjoy the popcorn.

Jon_W
19-11-12, 08:03 AM
Check the ground.

Fifty
24-11-12, 01:30 PM
Gooz, legend. Master of his own class. Thank you very much mate.

Gooz
24-11-12, 01:55 PM
your welcome fella, thats what biking is all about :)........... talk the missus into letting you put the bike in the conservatory dude, my feet are wet :(

Gooz
24-11-12, 01:57 PM
Today you are mostly be having lights............. and into the mix what a really small world we live in lol, come over later with the missus for the rugby and some beers on the big screen if you fancy it, bring the missus too but tell her not to give Sam ( the missus) to many of my secrets ooer!

think kick offs about 7

Gooz
24-11-12, 01:59 PM
Thats an open invite too for anyone else a bit pissed about the crappy weather and just itching to get out.