PDA

View Full Version : Miserable git on a VFR800...

Mark_Able
20-09-10, 09:37 PM
I must see the same bloke 2 or 3 times a week, normally around Sally-in-the-woods, heading towards Bradford-on-Avon as we're heading towards Bristol. Silver VFR800 with a hi-viz. I wave everytime I see him. He has never waved in all the times I've seen him (which is probably about 50 now). He doesn't even acknowledge me/us. You're a MISERABLE GIT! :)

Beamer
20-09-10, 09:43 PM
he he he he.... what a grump lol ;D ;D ;D

Mark_Able
20-09-10, 09:47 PM
Sorry Tina, couldn't help meself. It's one thing when car drivers don't see you, but another biker heading the other way... :-?

Green Man
20-09-10, 09:51 PM
I think I followed you thought BOA yesterday afternoon about 130.00

Beamer
20-09-10, 09:53 PM
Sorry Tina, couldn't help meself. It's one thing when car drivers don't see you, but another biker heading the other way... :-?

he he he I meant the bloke on the other bike ...not you (god forbid....you're everyones hero/idol lol)....... ;D ;D ;D

smellygerm
20-09-10, 10:22 PM
perhaps hes not ABLE to see you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

Toph
20-09-10, 10:58 PM
I find this story reMARK ABLE !! ;D

Bornagain
20-09-10, 11:14 PM
I'm gonna be sick!! :-[

newnut
21-09-10, 02:13 AM
next time you shoud beep and wave like crazy jus for giggles. then when u have got him EVENTUALLY nodding, jus blank him back!! I would!

Morticia
21-09-10, 07:27 AM
perhaps hes not ABLE to see you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

;D

Morticia
21-09-10, 07:27 AM
I find this story reMARK ABLE !! ;D

;D :D [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Jon_W
21-09-10, 08:09 AM
This is going to get nasty, you MARK my words!!! :D

Mark_Able
21-09-10, 08:40 PM

Yep, twas us... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
21-09-10, 08:44 PM
Oh the hilarity... ::) Well done everyone... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Saw him twice today, going to Bristol this morning, and coming back this afternoon. Tomorrow I'm probably going to crash waving at him... :D

newnut
21-09-10, 09:22 PM
lol, this is funny, keep us posted ;D ;D

silly_simon
22-09-10, 06:16 PM

130.00 is a little fast through BOA surely :D :D

Mark_Able
22-09-10, 08:54 PM

130.00 is a little fast through BOA surely :D :D

If you let the brakes off it might be possible... :)

Mark_Able
22-09-10, 08:57 PM
Well we saw miserable git again today. I was just explaining to my pupils over the radio that we should all wave at him if we see him, and at that moment he came round the bend. They weren't quite prepared, but I managed a bit of a Hitler salute as he went past. Nothing. Not a bean. Maybe he suffers with tunnel vision? Nah, he just a miserable git... :P

Jon_W
24-09-10, 08:05 AM
Is he on an older VFR??? If so I see him in Bath.... and have never had a nod either...

BB
24-09-10, 12:53 PM
If you see him about the same time each day, maybe we should have a WB ride through one morning and all wave at him! :D

BB

Mark_Able
24-09-10, 09:37 PM
If you see him about the same time each day, maybe we should have a WB ride through one morning and all wave at him! :D

BB

Great idea BB! If we don't get at least a nod, we'll follow him to find out where he keeps his Volvo, and let the tyres down... :) ;D

BB
24-09-10, 09:45 PM

BB

Great idea BB! If we don't get at least a nod, we'll follow him to find out where he keeps his Volvo, and let the tyres down... :) ;D

Sounds good to me [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Jon_W
27-09-10, 09:04 AM

BB

Sounds good to me [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Second that!!! Can we make it an official WB rideout???

Si
27-09-10, 09:21 AM
Maybe he is blind???? Didnt think of that did you! LOL :D

Ducatista
27-09-10, 01:35 PM
I think I've seen him in Bath too on my way home.
Hi-Viz waistcost not jacket.
I nodded - he didn't.
I will make a real effort next time if I see him, although it can be a bit tricky on the London Rd.

AlanMc
27-09-10, 01:44 PM

pmsl [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
27-09-10, 02:09 PM
Reminds me of a joke at work when we had to leave a parking space for the blind man.
Many concerned employees emailed back concerned at why a blind man was coming to our car park.
Turns out he was fitting blinds to the windows.

Mark_Able
27-09-10, 09:41 PM
I think I've seen him in Bath too on my way home.
Hi-Viz waistcost not jacket.
I nodded - he didn't.
I will make a real effort next time if I see him, although it can be a bit tricky on the London Rd.

That's the bloke. We going to give him three 'heil hitler' salutes as we go past next time. Already priming my students... :)

Mark_Able
27-09-10, 09:42 PM

Didn't have a labrador riding pillion... [smiley=happy.gif]

BB
27-09-10, 10:08 PM

;D ;D

Mind you, a lot of the roads are bumpy enough to be braille!

BB

Jon_W
28-09-10, 08:05 AM

;D ;D

Mind you, a lot of the roads are bumpy enough to be braille!

BB

;D Is so true!!!!

Haven't seen him lately, but will wave when I do....

newnut
28-09-10, 08:53 PM
lol. i cant believe he dont wave or nod! if i saw two learners and an instructor riding past doing hitler salutes i'd probably fall off laughing!

Beamer
28-09-10, 09:29 PM
well i saw mr able coming out of the school at 9am and going back at 3pm lol....with a student close behind.... i did wave and flash but you were watching in your mirrors to see if he'd got out of the school ok lol but I dont mind, its not often I actually see anyone when im driving these days lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mark_Able
28-09-10, 10:44 PM
lol. i cant believe he dont wave or nod! if i saw two learners and an instructor riding past doing hitler salutes i'd probably fall off laughing!

I really wouldn't want that to happen.... or would I??? :-?

Mark_Able
28-09-10, 10:46 PM
well i saw mr able coming out of the school at 9am and going back at 3pm lol....with a student close behind.... i did wave and flash but you were watching in your mirrors to see if he'd got out of the school ok lol but I dont mind, its not often I actually see anyone when im driving these days lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry Tina, I see so many people after they've gone by, cos I'm so busy in my mirrors. I think Silly Simon passed me the other day along Yarnbrook straight, doing the same thing... ::)

newnut
03-10-10, 09:20 PM
any update on this Able?

Mark_Able
04-10-10, 08:54 PM
any update on this Able?

Haven't seen him for a couple of days, mainly due to different timing. Going to prep my pupils for a thursday morning assault... [smiley=happy.gif]

Mark_Able
19-10-10, 10:14 PM
I'm sure his head moved a little today... :-?

Snowy
19-10-10, 10:27 PM
He must be mellowing a bit or feeling the vibes ;D

Jon_W
20-10-10, 03:47 PM
I'm sure his head moved a little today... :-?

Starting to get a nervous tick..... ;D

Keep working at it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
21-10-10, 08:13 AM
I think I'm passing another misrable git on a VFR..... Saw him this morning again for the first time in a while... not sure it's the same one.

...either that or he likes riding around not nodding to people??? :-?

Mark_Able
21-10-10, 07:57 PM
I think I'm passing another misrable git on a VFR..... Saw him this morning again for the first time in a while... not sure it's the same one.

...either that or he likes riding around not nodding to people??? :-?

I once had a VFR and was perfectly happy, so I don't think it's the bike... :-/

redken1
21-10-10, 09:00 PM
Ye I rode a pre-vtec vfr for a while and I always waved. Maybe he failed his test after training with you Mark? ;D
PS Can't be many.

Mark_Able
24-10-10, 08:26 PM
Ye I rode a pre-vtec vfr for a while and I always waved. Maybe he failed his test after training with you Mark? ;D
PS Can't be many.

Oooff! That was a bit below the belt mate... ;)

Everyone passes with me...

Eventually... ;D

redken1
24-10-10, 09:13 PM
PS Can't be many.

Oooff! That was a bit below the belt mate... ;)

Everyone passes with me...

I was only kidding Mark - don't want to upset you cos I may need some riding tips in the future-never to old to learn

Eventually... ;D

Mark_Able
24-10-10, 09:23 PM
Yeah I know Ken. I'm not that sensitive... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]