PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Vectra Driver

wi77y
08-05-11, 05:08 PM
Coming back from warminster today along the A350 plodding along overtaking cars and what not then on the road between westbury and yarnbrook, I was overtaking few cars and had to pull in due to oncoming traffic, between the vectra and another car but vectra was very close to car so was tight fit but plenty room for my little bike.
Then carried on my way overtaking happily then suddenly pulls out and overtakes me cuts in front off me, when the road is clear all the way ahead drives slowish so i cant overtake, then when we get to roundabout in yarnbrook he stops and starts shout at me
"bla bla do you want to die...bla bla next time you do that i will run you over"
I was like yesss cheers matey thanks for info.

Just cos i got L plates doesn’t mean I’m not aloud to overtake bloody ass grrrrrr...

I'm glad all car drivers AREN'T like that me included!

Not sure where he from but was black/purple Vectra with silly lexus lights on he looked about 40 as-well..grow up :P :) :)

Nelly
08-05-11, 08:09 PM
Knob! Best word to use at a time like that! >:(

wiltshire builders
08-05-11, 08:39 PM
Hope you can find some solace in the knowledge that every person that he's ever come into contact with thinks he's a ***t (not that word.....or that one either.....yeah that one)

Mitch9128
08-05-11, 09:49 PM
I'd be pissed too...if i had to drive a Vectra.

Nooj
08-05-11, 10:01 PM
Did he have to slam on the anchors when you pulled in front of him? I guess he'd been stuck there for a while, then to have you cut him up (or so he perceived it) finally flipped his twat switch.

Kevinb
09-05-11, 08:50 AM
You've got to feel sorry for him driving a Vectra, no taste.

wi77y
09-05-11, 04:46 PM
Did he have to slam on the anchors when you pulled in front of him? I guess he'd been stuck there for a while, then to have you cut him up (or so he perceived it) finally flipped his twat switch.

No he didnt brake when i squeezzed in he was already close nuff to car anyway lol
silly ass !

Scotty
09-05-11, 05:55 PM
No he didnt brake when i squeezzed in he was already close nuff to car anyway lol
silly ass !
Are you serious? There was already next to no space but you still wedged yourself in there and then complain about him over-reacting? ::) Remember mate, you're only on a bike and in traffic you're very vulnerable, even a slight nudge can have you off the bike and under their wheels - on a small bike you're not able to simply open it up and disappear when the next clear spot arrives. It doesn't excuse him driving like a total tool afterwards, and as you couldn't easily outrun him he made a point of having a go at you, but if I were you I'd see it as a lesson learned - If you have to pull into a queue and make someone brake to let you in, at least acknowledge their actions and show a little contrition. On a larger bike it's generally easier to be more assertive in traffic, you have more presence, and the lack of an L-plate usually confers having a bit of an idea what you're doing. A 125 with L-plates that he can bully and intimidate just gives him an opportunity that he can brag about to his similarly under-endowed mates at the golf club >:(

Don't dick around in traffic if you can't get away from it! ::) ::) ::)

BB
09-05-11, 08:29 PM
He may have been mad at you because you frightened him. People can overreact at times. The thing is with L plates people assume you are inexperienced and react accordingly.

As Scotty said with a bigger bike you can assert yourself more and people treat you slightly differently (sometimes! :P)

Personally if hopping round cars in traffic I make a point of always just flipping a hand to the driver as a thank you. When I'm in the car I always feel it's a nice touch if a biker does it.

BB

Nelly
09-05-11, 10:54 PM
He may have been mad at you because you frightened him. People can overreact at times. The thing is with L plates people assume you are inexperienced and react accordingly.

As Scotty said with a bigger bike you can assert yourself more and people treat you slightly differently (sometimes! :P)

Personally if hopping round cars in traffic I make a point of always just flipping a hand to the driver as a thank you. When I'm in the car I always feel it's a nice touch if a biker does it.

BB

Agree Judy :)

wi77y
10-05-11, 07:32 PM
silly ass !
Are you serious? There was already next to no space but you still wedged yourself in there and then complain about him over-reacting? ::) Remember mate, you're only on a bike and in traffic you're very vulnerable, even a slight nudge can have you off the bike and under their wheels - on a small bike you're not able to simply open it up and disappear when the next clear spot arrives. It doesn't excuse him driving like a total tool afterwards, and as you couldn't easily outrun him he made a point of having a go at you, but if I were you I'd see it as a lesson learned - If you have to pull into a queue and make someone brake to let you in, at least acknowledge their actions and show a little contrition. On a larger bike it's generally easier to be more assertive in traffic, you have more presence, and the lack of an L-plate usually confers having a bit of an idea what you're doing. A 125 with L-plates that he can bully and intimidate just gives him an opportunity that he can brag about to his similarly under-endowed mates at the golf club >:(

Don't dick around in traffic if you can't get away from it! ::) ::) ::)

He didnt have to brake there was at least 8/10 meters but no way 2 sexonds between them but still thank you for for the info cos ill be gone with the L plates by end off month if all goes well :)
then i can ride and car drivers will not think im a complete novice :) :) whooop !

Blackandchrome
11-05-11, 12:49 PM
Well you are riding and behaving like a complete novice! >:(
I could think of a few more descriptive comments.
If the Vectra driver was driving too close behind the car in front; wtf were you doing squeezing inbetween?
Obviously did not plan that overtaking manoeuvre very well did you? ::)
Before you committed to that overtake you quite obviously had not thought out where you were going to go if you had to pull in for oncoming traffic.
The Vectra driver was too close admittedly; so why then expose yourself to a right t*+t by sticking your 'L' plated bike right under his nose?
Lack of experience!! To name but one.
Don't critisize the driver. Look a little close to home if I was you; and look beyond your front mudguard! :o

Tobias5571
11-05-11, 04:57 PM
Well you are riding and behaving like a complete novice! >:(
I could think of a few more descriptive comments.
If the Vectra driver was driving too close behind the car in front; wtf were you doing squeezing inbetween?
Obviously did not plan that overtaking manoeuvre very well did you? ::)
Before you committed to that overtake you quite obviously had not thought out where you were going to go if you had to pull in for oncoming traffic.
The Vectra driver was too close admittedly; so why then expose yourself to a right t*+t by sticking your 'L' plated bike right under his nose?
Lack of experience!! To name but one.
Don't critisize the driver. Look a little close to home if I was you; and look beyond your front mudguard! :o
i think you need to relax a little.......
im no pro biker, but i dont htink he would have made the manuvour if he didnt feel safe in the position, and if he thought it was dangerous then he would have applologised.
as for being wrong and learning a lesson everybody does it including me and you.

however you are right in a way tractor. i do balive you need to think a little differently in the situation of traffic as yarnbrook from every junction is always rammed! and most of the time it is worth waiting for a larger space ;)

Blackandchrome
12-05-11, 01:22 AM
Oh dear! Tobias, this isn't about my state of mind :'(
Just read , I mean really try and read what you and Wi77y have written.
Yes, we all make mistakes....some more than others. :(
It is fairly obvious you are a rider of limited experience by your comments :)
Wi77y put himself in a very vulnerable position. Doesn't matter how laid back you wanna be about it.
Just don't go round looking to blame someone else when you get it all wrong! ;)

wi77y
12-05-11, 04:34 PM
Thanks Everyone for your comments the info has been taken in :)
I felt it was save to overtake so i did and guess no one will know but me and crazy vectra man it wasnt in stoped traffic it was flowing at 50mph my hole point was he over re-acted but seem's i did sorry vectra man for overtaking :)

Rossio
14-05-11, 08:01 PM
Taken on the chin beautifully,