PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Fool.....

Thorkill_The_Tall
27-03-12, 07:55 PM
.... Riding his bike wearing jeans. (shock - horror)

I think the bike was a Ducati, judging by the racket coming from the clutch ::)

Last Train
27-03-12, 08:45 PM
http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/neptune/Animated/Stunned/stunned004.gif http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/neptune/Animated/Stunned/stunned004.gif

Nelly
27-03-12, 09:13 PM
Won't be long before you see one wearing shorts.... >:(

Dan505
27-03-12, 09:31 PM

did yesterday, some little twerp, no gloves, shorts & t-shirt

BB
28-03-12, 07:16 AM
.... Riding his bike wearing jeans. (shock - horror)

I think the bike was a Ducati, judging by the racket coming from the clutch ::)

How many of us own Kevlar jeans? ::)

A proper Ducati then, they don't rattle the same nowadays ;)

BB

Jon_W
28-03-12, 07:59 AM

did yesterday, some little twerp, no gloves, shorts & t-shirt

One on sunday.... shorts, tee shirt, trainers.... :o

lolliver
28-03-12, 08:53 AM
I'd rather see someone wearing jeans on a bike than someone in tracksuit bottoms or Bermuda shorts.. At least it shows some degree of safety consciousness.

What's really upsetting is when you (commonly!) see young kids on mo-peds riding recklessly in thin t-shirts :o

Swanny
28-03-12, 09:53 AM
I read an article in a bike mag that gave you times of how long you could slide before you wore through each fabric.
Plain jeans were something like .05 of a second so you may as well wear shorts for what difference denim makes.
Mind you even Kevlar jeans didn't last much longer than the normal jeans.
Best on the test were leather trousers, they are the only thing that gives you some sort of protection.

Wearing shorts and tee shirts is fine as long as you don't fall off or get hit by a bee ;D

goz1960
28-03-12, 10:50 AM
Always wear leather bottoms but i,m a fan of textile jackets.

lolliver
28-03-12, 11:01 AM
Wearing shorts and tee shirts is fine as long as you don't fall off or get hit by a bee ;D
;D

Mitch9128
28-03-12, 12:17 PM
As someone who's slid down the road @ 70 leptons per hour, i was glad i was wearing full leathers, however i really don't care what other people wear, it's their business, and their choice. FWIW i bought some Sartso Killers the other day, the best pair of kevlar jeans i've ever had, long, comfy and the denim feels bulletproof.

Swanny
28-03-12, 01:04 PM
I'm looking for some kevlar jeans, where did you get the Sartso Killers?? How much??

Mitch9128
28-03-12, 01:07 PM
I'm looking for some kevlar jeans, where did you get the Sartso Killers?? How much??

Free from HG in Brizzle, i did have to spend £540 on leathers to get them though :) The normal selling price was £130.

Swanny
28-03-12, 02:37 PM
Free!! That's a great price :)

Thorkill_The_Tall
28-03-12, 07:59 PM
What really annoys me is when you see people with their inappropriately dressed kids on the back.

Mitch9128
28-03-12, 08:32 PM
Kids are no problem, you can always make another one...

;) Before you all wail.

Hazel-nut
28-03-12, 09:55 PM
As we were leaving to go to the h&c tonight there was a kid on a 125 wearing shorts and a tshirt, followed by a girl on a moped with bare legs and her handbag by her feet!!

bobf279
28-03-12, 11:23 PM
Its ok if you have armoured skin..............I don't so I wear bike gear

Kevinb
29-03-12, 01:37 PM
I wear jeans. I do also have kevlar jeans I wear at times.

Who's going to be the first to see someone in a mankini :o

Nelly
29-03-12, 03:47 PM
I wear jeans. I do also have kevlar jeans I wear at times.

Who's going to be the first to see someone in a mankini :o

UM....It wont be me for sure! :o :o

Wes
29-03-12, 09:08 PM
Kevlar jeans are ok, as are textiles, but tend to grab the road surface, only leathers will slide and give you the maximum protection.

Kevinb
30-03-12, 01:38 PM
Kevlar jeans are ok, as are textiles, but tend to grab the road surface, only leathers will slide and give you the maximum protection.

I would love a leather jacket but being on the large size haven't found a heard big enough to slaughter yet.
Still couldn't wear leather trousers just something very village people about it ;D

Mitch9128
30-03-12, 03:10 PM

I would love a leather jacket but being on the large size haven't found a heard big enough to slaughter yet.
Still couldn't wear leather trousers just something very village people about it ;D

There's something very re-assuring about dead cow next to your skin, i'm sure i slow down when wearing textile, although it may have something to do with the weather being ****e in the first place.

BladeTriple
30-03-12, 06:30 PM
My draggin Jeans held together better than my leather jacket in my off, granted I went over the front but still flew/slid for 20m on my front before stopping, I'd recommend them, if I come off on a normal road I don't expect I'd slide for much more than 50m without hitting something solid and more painful like a kerb/wall/car anyway

Swanny
30-03-12, 07:01 PM
I bought a pair of kevlar jeans today :)

Mitch9128
30-03-12, 07:30 PM
I like my Sartso's, and i'm happy they would stand up in an off, but i don't like the way the jacket isn't attached to the pants.

Morticia
30-03-12, 09:00 PM
I went to Blandford in jeans that day...couldn't find my leathers and I wanted to see Steve..frooze ma arse off too...