PDA

View Full Version : ive been gazzumped

6T
28-04-09, 05:40 PM
some of you that know me are aware that i have recently sold my house,well 4 weeks into are new purchase after the seller accepting our offer and getting the solicitors involved they have decided to accept a higher offer we cant beleive it >:( >:( :o we have been gazzumped and i thought the property market slow at moment. :P :-/ :'(

Hunar
28-04-09, 06:20 PM
is that ilegal?

BB
28-04-09, 06:45 PM
Well Fiddle - or something like that! Sorry to hear that Tbird, We know how much you were looking forward to the garage space :'(

BB & Ghost

Davey
28-04-09, 08:44 PM
Similar happened to me before due to sign the contract on the friday - Weds morning they wrote to say they'd pulled out as a higher bid came in! I lost all my fees which I didn't need.

We need better laws like in Scotland

BTW sorry you lost the house :(

Honda_Star
29-04-09, 12:04 AM
Similar happened to me before due to sign the contract on the friday - Weds morning they wrote to say they'd pulled out as a higher bid came in! I lost all my fees which I didn't need.

We need better laws like in Scotland

BTW sorry you lost the house :(

sorry to hear this..

info for the future - i can offer no completion, no fee on the legal side of things which might save some peeps some money on here?
:)

igbell
29-04-09, 09:25 AM
Sorry to her this sir

Iceman
29-04-09, 11:04 AM
sorry to hear that mate ..that would'nt happen in Scotland! Englands got crap policies regards housing! :-/

6T
29-04-09, 03:37 PM
thanks for all your comments,yes in england there is no form of compensation unless contracts are exchanged,stinks really but thats how it is >:( should have known that something like this would happen as i was dealing with a property developer and they have no morals, gone are the days of a gentelmans aggreement,i now have 4 weeks to completion on our sale and no home to go to :P :-/

crewy
29-04-09, 04:26 PM
Sorry to hear this steve, cant remember you telling me about this at work?!?! ;)

Does that mean the summer building adventure is off!?!?! >:( :( :'(

igbell
29-04-09, 04:43 PM
When is the Scottish rules coming this way??
I thought they were supposed to be with us by now??