PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Issues any help Welcome

SmallButCute22
28-04-09, 01:58 PM
I really need help, al of a sudden my Iphone 3G wont make any outgoing calls this only started yesterday but I can't seem to figure out why. It looks like its going to make a call then comes up call failed. I can do everything else like text and email but calls its just not interested in.

Any one got any ideas on what the hell is going on or do I have to release some whoop ass on Apple?? >:(

igbell
28-04-09, 02:11 PM
Sorry to say this but have you done a hard reboot??

IE taken the batt and sim out for over a minute and then plugged it all back in again??

SmallButCute22
29-04-09, 01:25 PM
Ummm Iphone's have integrated batteries that aren't removeable :( I think I might need to recover it with my computer which I really don't want to do :(

Bloody technology >:(

Uber Dave
29-04-09, 05:40 PM
Ummm Iphone's have integrated batteries that aren't removeable :( I think I might need to recover it with my computer which I really don't want to do :(

Bloody technology >:(

I don't have one myself, however after speaking to my friend who does,

There are two things you can do, the first one is a reboot of the iphone itself

"press and hold the 'home' button (on the front) and the 'power/wake' button (on the top) until it reboots"

he also says if you sync the thing with itunes, it should perform a backup of the content (numbers, photos etc on your phone) or you can at least trigger a backup.

Then restore the phone back to factory settings in itunes, and restore the backup.

Also try looking on the forums at www.macrumors.com if any of these dont work.

Hope it works

SmallButCute22
01-05-09, 07:53 AM
God damn it its still screwed.....did reboot twice and restored to factory settings and backed up and it still doesnt want to make calls.....I may go and cry now :'(

Looks like I need to be making a call to O2/Apple >:(

Uber Dave
02-05-09, 05:23 PM
Apple have shocking customer service, if you have not had it long, get into an O2 store and make them replace it!

Cat_Macd
03-05-09, 11:16 PM
can you change the network selection and make it connect to gsm only? if the 3g in your area is gone wrong 2g is still up cause you can send texts.

Dabz
05-05-09, 04:16 PM
glad I'm not the only person to be having iphone issues on these forums...mind you mine are all self-inflicted - I've unlocked mine and kailbroken it so it's on Orange rather than o2, so had a few teething probs with orange data etc

SmallButCute22
05-05-09, 04:23 PM
Getting to an O2 store is a big issue at the moment due to work and other commitments, i'd love to ring O2 but well my phone doesn't make outgoing calls lol. Stoopid phone. >:(

igbell
05-05-09, 04:43 PM
Try this..

1) Go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Switch off “Set Automatically” and manually select your hometown (the default is Cupertino). If you dont change it, you will not be able to make outgoing calls. But the wierd part is, you will still be able to receive incoming calls. Once done, manually set the date and time, and restart your iPhone. If you want, you can reset the 2 settings to “Set Automatically” again.

2) Next, go to Settings > Phone > Show My Caller ID > Switch this to “ON”. Usually with these steps, things should be okay already. If not, you have to turn off “Call Forwarding” and “Call Waiting” as well.

Uber Dave
05-05-09, 05:38 PM
I did think about call waiting and forwarding today on the way back to bath, you have no accidentally turned on forwarding of all calls, or set it to filter calls?

SmallButCute22
06-05-09, 08:17 AM
Tried everything possible and still no luck.....i'm gonna have one last trawl round the web to see if there are any other suggestions and then I suppose i'm gonna have to force myself to go to O2.

Azrall
06-05-09, 08:43 AM
I say you just smash the damn thing up. =] would be alot easier.

SmallButCute22
06-05-09, 09:48 AM
I say you just smash the damn thing up. =] would be alot easier.

Yes thank Allan you input is greatly appreciated....NOT :(

igbell
06-05-09, 09:56 AM
There are other things people have tried on the web, like putting in old sims and this then asks a question that you dont get with a working sim and then they have put the new sim back in and it has worked.

Others have upgraded the firmware from 2.1 to 2.2 and this has worked but then it has fubared others, the others have had to have a new device....

Good luck

steveo
13-05-09, 08:06 AM
i did really want an iphone but now i have been well and truely put off by this post and lots more i have been told about this phone, just think they are trying to put to much technolgy(how ever you spell it) in one lil phone.

i am now stuck with an lg thing its ok but even that keeps crashing on me :(

SmallButCute22
13-05-09, 08:16 AM
tbh Steve i'm actually thinking about getting a blackberry......and one with buttons. As much as I like the whole touchscreen aspect it can get quite irritating. The iphone is a fairly good phone if you like gadgety things but the fact that it can't do some of the most simple of tasks that other phones can is just stupid.

I'm actually taking it back to Apple today and i've been told they will most likely just do a straight swap with a new one as its still under warranty :) but I might just sell it a go out and buy a blackberry....I haven't quite decided yet :-/

Dabz
13-05-09, 09:09 AM
all these problems aside the iphone is an incredible phone and compared to the bleckberrys it's 100 times more user friendly. even integration with corporate email is better in my opinion. We're an Orange authorised retailer at work so work with all sorts of handsets all the time...the iphone whips the ass off all of them

very few people experience issues with iphones so in this case it may just be bad luck :(

SmallButCute22
13-05-09, 09:23 AM
I will agree that it is a great bit of technology, dont get me wrong, but I'm not sure I like the whole touchscreen thing, I like to be able to feel what i'm doing [smiley=happy.gif] lol and tbh I dont use any of the applications apart from Facebook so in reality I dont really need such an advanced phone. I'd probably make more use of a blackberry.....Oh and bluetooth, the Iphone totally sucks for that ;D

steveo
13-05-09, 10:01 AM
its an lg chocolate i got, totaly rubbish its so slow with internet, it crashes, i was told the camera was really good hence the reason i got it, and it is totaly crap,so fed up with it.

i do like the touch screens as well but i got fat fingers or fat sausages as my kids keep telling me + the misses :o ,, so not to good with small touchscreens lol

Dabz
13-05-09, 10:22 AM
i guess if you dont use any apps then the iphone isn't really worth the extra cost etc. I couldn't live without mine now - stuff like the sky+ app to remotely set things to record...facebook, twitter, skype, ebay, msn, formula 1 updates, youtube...and that's before you add in normal web browsing, email for work, home and WB, gps/maps for when I get lost....oh and of course the ipod which I use at work, in the car, at home, while running, in town... can you tell I love my iphone? ;)

SmallButCute22
13-05-09, 03:30 PM
Broken Iphone swapped for brand new one this afternoon! Now to sell tha damn thing....any takers :)

Uber Dave
13-05-09, 04:13 PM
Broken Iphone swapped for brand new one this afternoon! Now to sell tha damn thing....any takers :)

I would but there is a new one coming out in a June/July so I am holding off for now till the new hardware comes out.

As for it not doing most the things you want, such as the bluetooth been pants, there is Version 3.0 of the OS coming out when the new phone is launched which is going to add media messaging, and sorting out BT so you can send files etc.

If you want to see whats coming your way when they launch it, have a gander here http://www.engadget.com/hub/iphone-os-30 it goes into everything about the new operating system which you can install to your current phone should you keep it.

SmallButCute22
13-05-09, 04:19 PM
A new one?? Jeeeebus the 3G one aint been out that long lol

I know all about the new firmware, I just don't like the phone!!
I WANT BUTTONS :(

steveo
13-05-09, 05:34 PM
good luck with ya new phone

Dabz
13-05-09, 07:47 PM
there's been rumours of a new iphone circling since the day after the 3g came out...and nothing has ever been confirmed. 3.0 software is due out in the next 8 weeks ish but there's no guarentee that a new handset will be launched at the same time...and if there is a new one there are plenty of rumours saying it wont be any different bar a possible camera upgrade and the 3.0 software

Uber Dave
13-05-09, 08:57 PM
From what I have read, Apple have (and it was confirmed) bought a load of flash memory, and have bought a new graphics chip as well in stupidly huge numbers all of which are upgraded versions of what the Ipod Touch and the iPhone have onboard already. Admittedly its only rumours that they will end up in those devices, but for the sake of a couple of months with my current phone to find out its worth waiting.

They tend to release products on a yearly basis, and usually right in the middle of the year, guess I will have to wait and see though.