PDA

View Full Version : Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset police

Trevena
19-05-09, 08:34 AM
today as part of bike awareness. Be careful out there if you're in that area.

igbell
19-05-09, 08:53 AM
Good job I am the other way down in Chobham, Surrey

Uber Dave
19-05-09, 09:44 AM
Seen this on the news this morning, they made it sound like it was a friendly stop and chat thing, but I wouldnt be surprised if they were snatching people for dodgy plates and exhausts as well if the opportunity arose!

schwee
19-05-09, 10:39 AM
I would imagine this is a PR exercise aimed at dealing with minor offences by way of a 'friendly' warning. They will obviously be scrutinising bikes generally as part of the campaign but as long as you're not breaking the law then you needn't have too much to worry about.

They are obviously doing it for a reason, coming into the height of the biking season, with many forces suffering with bike fatality numbers on the up.

IanTasker
19-05-09, 01:45 PM
I would imagine this is a PR exercise aimed at dealing with minor offences by way of a 'friendly' warning. They will obviously be scrutinising bikes generally as part of the campaign but as long as you're not breaking the law then you needn't have too much to worry about.

They are obviously doing it for a reason, coming into the height of the biking season, with many forces suffering with bike fatality numbers on the up.

What she said :)

ONFIRE
19-05-09, 01:50 PM
Seen this on the news this morning, they made it sound like it was a friendly stop and chat thing, but I wouldnt be surprised if they were snatching people for dodgy plates and exhausts as well if the opportunity arose!

Well thats what they're paid to do... Would not expect any less... IMHO Generally find majority of Police are fine... Not sure about that schwee ;D ;D ;D ;)

Azrall
19-05-09, 01:55 PM
They were doing some random stops in avebury not so long ago. Well wiltshire police were. So be careful. They gave a friend of mine three tickets =[

schwee
19-05-09, 06:33 PM

Well thats what they're paid to do... Would not expect any less... IMHO Generally find majority of Police are fine... Not sure about that schwee ;D ;D ;D ;)

OI!! :D

schwee
19-05-09, 06:37 PM
It's just been on points west, and they used the video from the bikesafe website...ridiculous!

ONFIRE
19-05-09, 06:38 PM
Sorry ma'am :D :D
8-)

ONFIRE
19-05-09, 10:19 PM
Well here's the low down according to MCN

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/May/may15-20/may1607howlocalcopsplantotargetyou/

weefrenchie
20-05-09, 12:42 PM
The MCN thread leads to an article from 2007? :-?

ONFIRE
20-05-09, 01:19 PM
The MCN thread leads to an article from 2007? :-?

Well spotted... Well at least it shows consistency :D :D
8-)