PDA

View Full Version : Buttock clenching moment

Trevena
23-06-09, 04:47 PM
After an uneventful bike trip to Swindon and back this morning, we took the car out for a bit of shopping. On the was home and less than 150 metres from my home, some kid runs straight out in front of me. I'd seen a young lad of 11 or 12 cross the road in front of me and then I thought where's there's one there's usually two or more. Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see just number two running alongside a parked car. I can barely see the top of his head through the side windows of the parked car. The next thing is he's in front of me, he's run across the road in front of the parked car and me. I slammed on the brakes and hit the clutch and thankfully the ABS on the Berlingo stopped me about 5 or 6 feet from the gob smack but still standing 7 year old.

His brother yelled at him for being an idiot, I yelled at both of them. It's the first time in 32 years of driving that I've even come close to knocking someone down and killing them.

I'm sure that my motorcycling skills helped with scanning for trouble.

KP
23-06-09, 05:07 PM
well done bob, they just dont think do they, when they grow up they will be telling there kids not to do exectly what they did, but glad you and them were all un hurt...... even if you did need a change of pants :-/

Iceman
23-06-09, 06:09 PM
good on your allertness! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Chilli44
24-06-09, 11:56 AM
at least you spotted them - i hope they werent playing chicken?

Blackandchrome
24-06-09, 12:29 PM
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/Blackandchrome/chicken3.jpg
Here! I resent that last remark! ;D

Bonnielass
24-06-09, 07:02 PM
Since learning to ride a bike I have thought that all car drivers should ride a bike even if its just for a short time, it definately makes you more aware of things going on around you, well done you, Bob, he was a lucky boy it was you driving!

That chickens a birt scary tho!

igbell
25-06-09, 03:26 PM
Well said Rosie...
I have always thought car drivers should do at least the CBT to see about awarness and looking out for peeps.