PDA

View Full Version : Riding, Whats your favourite position

Kevinb
24-06-09, 08:48 AM
Well we've done music.
Mines sit up and beg (even on the bike) or are you more sporty or laid back cruiser (& think of England) ;D

schwee
24-06-09, 10:16 PM
Sporty...definitely! It feels strange sitting upright on the bike since doing loads of track days

Davey
24-06-09, 11:00 PM
Upright as ride supermoto - made the change from sports after damaging my shoulder and never looked back (cant anyway as I have no mirrors ;D)

Ryan
24-06-09, 11:04 PM
lol i looked at this and thought ::)

tryed the sportsbike position couldent get on with it, maybe some different sportsbikes i could?

i like to be nice and upright!

Iceman
25-06-09, 01:00 AM
I like both positions , a cruiser to go with my sports bike! Each has their advantages/moments. ;)

Amante_271
25-06-09, 08:22 AM
I will have any position I can get! 68 has to be my favourite recently! Its the same as 69 but I owe you one!

OH SH1T!! Sorry thought you were talking about something else!!

Ive done sports positioning in my youth when I drag raced my old X7 but the bones have predicted I go cruiser style with the trike... its easier going round bends!!!

Kevinb
25-06-09, 08:38 AM
Amante. Are you saying you are around the bend?

I know what people mean when they say about sports bikes. I was ok in my Yoof, but I bought a GPZ1000RX a couple of years back to play around with and only kept it 6 weeks because my knees can't take it anymore.

jonnydangerous
25-06-09, 01:27 PM
I like it dirty! muddy that is (offroad!) ......sat upright, right over the tank, with your right leg pointing out straight as you go through the right hand curve in the motocross track......pushing your heel through the top layer of soil as the bikes leant right over...mmm heaven!

igbell
25-06-09, 03:22 PM
Well as the type of bike I have I like both positions (oh err)....
As when I want to I can drop and let rip and then for the more sedate rides I can sit up and enjoy the ride (oh err) and look at the view....

Iceman
02-07-09, 11:47 AM
..just thinking that the best ride (some 28 years ago)I had was a low rider with a backrest.That was the most comfy ride I remember having, crusing around slowly and enjoying the moment! Can't say the same about my Ninja! ;D but then again I can compensate by twisting that throttle! Always brings a smile! 8-) 8-)

davej
02-07-09, 12:02 PM
reverse cowboy
or position 70 thats a 69 and she brings a friend

;D ;D :o

but seriously sit up and beg, cruisers hurt your back sports bikes all the weights on the wrists give me a trially anyday all that control and feeling through the bars.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Geordie Stu
02-07-09, 02:18 PM
After damaging my wrist & fingers having to ride upright more :)

Sue_Boyce
04-07-09, 10:56 AM
Definitely sporty!!!!

Bonnielass
04-07-09, 03:29 PM
As I now have my Bonny, (Oh didn't you know! ;D) this is a more upright position and I absolutely love it! I did enjoy the SV though.

FJ_Biker
04-07-09, 05:53 PM
I prefer the upright position; I find sports bikes heavy on the wrists around town, never really rode custom bikes so cannot comment on feet in front your hands riding position

Iceman
06-07-09, 09:21 AM
I prefer the upright position; I find sports bikes heavy on the wrists around town,

..I have to agree on that one.I've never had so many hand aches since owning one! But they do look good though! 8-) 8-) My next bike will be an upright one for def I'm sure!

kes2463
06-07-09, 10:17 AM
Sit up, gone are my off roading days.

I don't miss taking a jump & being a split second to late thus landing on the bike's belly & then saying hello to the bars & singing a church solo :(.
Eye watering at the least :'(, funny as hell when your watching someone else do it though. ;D

Beamer
07-07-09, 05:07 PM
At the moment I just ride pillion :( but hopefully I shall get started and be on a bike of my own....... 7yr olds and lack of funds tend to be my main reason for this lol.....but getting a decent bike and being able to ride it AND reach the floor are on my 'Bucket List' lol [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

sburv
10-07-09, 08:37 PM
Sit up and beg for me these days!!!

My back wont let me do anything else :)

Kevinb
11-07-09, 11:25 AM
The MT-01 is a bit of a sporty position (when your 6'5" tall). Did try a Rocket III a few years back but it seems very strange having your feet in front of you. Did have a GPZ1000RX but only kept it 6 weeks as it made my wrists and ankles sore. I was offered a speed four as a loan bike when I took my Triumph in for a service. I couldn't even ride it and got a strange look when I asked if they did them in XXL.

alanTDM
13-07-09, 10:55 PM
I prefer upright suppose its cause ridden enduro and trail bikes and XT600ZE Tenere and now got the TDM.Did have a Thundercat for 2 years though clocked up 28K on that ok if travelling at speed but around town and below 5K rpm fingers would tingle and wrists would ache.High frequency vibes prob the cause.

Roxy
14-07-09, 12:00 PM
At the moment I just ride pillion :( but hopefully I shall get started and be on a bike of my own....... 7yr olds and lack of funds tend to be my main reason for this lol.....but getting a decent bike and being able to ride it AND reach the floor are on my 'Bucket List' lol [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hee hee..I'll get you some platforms chick!!! ;D ;D

igbell
14-07-09, 08:54 PM
Make sure they are like the old sixties ones.....Hee Hee

Hannah
16-07-09, 12:28 PM
As long as i'm on the seat I don't mind the position lol ;D I do like sporty bikes so leant over trying to get my knee down is the one for me.

steveo
16-07-09, 12:36 PM
:-) +1 sports all the way.lol

Dutch
16-07-09, 03:50 PM
after having a z750 for 3 years and thinking it was the best machine ever I now have a ZX10R and the control and power of it outweighs any pain on the wrists. Just a shame i cant take it over 6,000 RPM at the moment as still running it in. Not long to go now though hehe :D

Scotty
16-07-09, 06:43 PM
Climb aboard, lean forward and reach down and grasp... Sporty for me, but that doesn't work on the off-roader very well so I have to sit up on that one - depends what or who you're on at the time really [smiley=happy.gif]