PDA

View Full Version : Crank calls

Last Train
24-07-09, 08:41 PM
Don't they just do your f***in nut,
Who the f**k do these people think they are >:(

Davey
24-07-09, 09:40 PM
Get a fog horn by the phone and give them a blast next time - really pisses them off :D Works for telesales too

jack930
25-07-09, 10:10 PM
Yeh its even worse when they F**g Tex you C***s

alanTDM
26-07-09, 07:54 AM
This is the reason why peeps shouldnt post there moby numbers/email addy's on forum web sites as anybody can see them,without signing in either.Yep lot of sad peeps out there!who get a kick out of doing this sort of thing
So best to PM them to peeps you know.

Amante_271
26-07-09, 09:16 AM
Crank calls really are a pain in the big end!!

(Sorry.... couldnt resist!!) ;D

alanTDM
26-07-09, 12:00 PM
Yea one could get really PISTon off about that!

Last Train
26-07-09, 12:14 PM
At the end of the day, when you're at home, exhausted, from a hard days graft, the phone goes and someones piping on about some inane ****e. It gets beyond a yoke ( :-[)

Baffles me why anybody would want to do that for a living

alanTDM
26-07-09, 01:43 PM
I was getting calls quite a few years ago at any time after midnight,soon as you answer phone they would hang up,found out who it was,one of my daughter friends ,thought it was funny ha ha i had the last laugh though.didnt do it again ;D

Ryan
26-07-09, 09:47 PM
i like playing along as if im really interested what there selling then say like oh ive just had my windows done lol, or start talking to them in another language.. another good one start trying to sell them somthing hahaa

Ducatista
27-07-09, 10:48 AM
Get yourself registerd with these guys

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Is it actually a legal requirement and not a voluntary thing.
It won't stop a few unscrupulous organisation, your daughters friends or cmopanies whom you have unwittinglygiven your permission, but it should stop the vast majority of cold callers.

I would also recommend that when you do the electoral role that you opt out of the "edited" register.
You cannot opt out of the unedited one, available to the police, goverment etc. but you can opt out of the "edited" one which practically anyone can buy for direct marketing.

igbell
27-07-09, 04:42 PM
I had one call as I was walking out the door to go camping and just hung up on them, and they tried call straight back so I picked up and put the phone back down again... ;D ;D