PDA

View Full Version : Fund raiser

IanTasker
04-09-09, 10:38 AM
Alreet guys and gals....been a bit since i popped on here but as over at gixerjunkies we're doing a wee bit for some poor kids (see below) and basically I'm hoping to pop to either the Mermaid or Castle Combe (whatever's busiest) to raise some funds so would appreciate it if you guys could spread the word on the forums you visit and maybe dig out a few quid for a genuinly good cause :)

Basic gist of it is tho that us lot on the forum are riding around with a big gay teddy on the bike round every county in England (and a few places in Scotland)

Sorry if it appears like spam but it's not.....honest :)

Charity ride out in aid of four year old Harley Slack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tess, a lovely lady who I met last week with her hubby, has come up with the really great idea of a charity ride out in aid of Harley Slack from Stockport after reading about this poor little boy.

He is four years old and is very ill with meningitis B. He has lost all his limbs and has had to have his heart restarted three times.

His family are trying to raise funds for artificial limbs and to redevelop their house so he can get around.

Here is a bit about him and this will make the even the most cynical guys on here think about things.......................................

Swaddled in bandages, brave young Harley Slack has already beaten overwhelming odds to stay alive.

Despite lying in hospital being fed drugs to ease his pain, the four-year-old manages to smile.

And while Harley, who had all four limbs amputated after being struck down by meningitis, now faces a daunting future, he has his devoted family to back him up.

Mum Samantha, 23, said: “We have got to get on with it and do our best for our son. The enormity of the future is frightening but we have to face the fact we are going to have to look after Harley around the clock. At first, I thought he was going to go.

“But, slowly, he started to get better and recently I have been looking at Harley and he is just like the little Harley we used to know – but without his limbs.

“He had his fourth birthday last week and was a happy little boy. He can talk to us but is easily tired because of the drugs.” Samantha and husband Adam, 20, spoke as they launched the Harley Slack Fund.

Harley was taken to hospital in May with a sore throat and a temperature. Within hours he was fighting for life after being diagnosed with meningitis B.

Medics at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital revived him three times after his heart stopped and he then appeared to stabilise – but septicaemia set in.

Both arms were amputated below the elbow and both legs at the knee, and doctors feared he may also lose his ears and nose.

http://harleyslackfund.giving.office...m/default.aspx

Geordie Stu
04-09-09, 10:50 AM
Are you planning to go across today? Planning a local rideout?

Beamer
05-09-09, 02:44 PM
when are you going to be at The Sally?? ;D

IanTasker
07-09-09, 02:33 PM
Thinkking about heading down on Thurs....would make sense lol

Uber Dave
07-09-09, 03:21 PM
Not lost your Army sense of humour I see!

I will come down if you are going to come over though, have to have a drink!

IanTasker
07-09-09, 04:21 PM
Not lost your Army sense of humour I see!

I will come down if you are going to come over though, have to have a drink!

Would be rude not too....you can also delve into your pocket and give me some fund raising cash......bloody crabs and squaddies are all rich ;D